Couldn't find topic of stopping an HS outbreak at 1st sign

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - I noticed for me the very early before I am getting an outbreak it feels like a deep throbbing pain in my armpit.  As yet there is nothing there.  I am not sure if the stressed anxiety I am feeling is coming with the sense of dread of an outbreak or the stressed anxiety is the cause of the outbreak because it seems almost simultaneous.  I'm working on breathing, meditation and healing visualization and extra-vigilant on what I am eating with hopes something will ease this back instead of the most likely inevitable outbreak.  Has anyone had any luck with anything working for them before it hits surface? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, I don't know how well it works, but I always take a couple of over the counter anti inflammatory that morning and night....

• Posted

When I accidentally eat a nightshade I use the generic form of vicks vapor rub directly on the skin, seems to help a bit, especially with the pain. But for not getting any symptoms in the first place, just avoid nightshades, and google them because they are hidden in everything. Good luck.
    • Posted

It is interesting that you mention massaging vick's vapor rub. (And YES! it does feel a bit better!)  I have been thinking of adding massage and the use of essential oils to try and improve my immune system. Specifically I was thinking of attempting lymph massage as the lymphatic system network of tissues and organs help rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials and lies right near most of our problem areas along with the dietary changes, yoga, relaxation... I have a dream my hs will go into remission...

• Posted

Yeah I tried all kinds of fun treatments all my life to no avail. Two weeks after I went nightshade free all my Lets call them "lesions"...flattened. Now all I have are scars. I do still "flair" when I accidentally eat a processed food with them hidden inside, like mayo. Sometimes it doesn't say paprika on the bottle it will just say natural and artificial flavors, and the do a "spice dump"...then Im broken out for like a week and p*ssed at myself for being dumb and buying the wrong brand...anywho it took me a long time to figure out what foods have them in it and what doesn't. Ive only been in remission for about 1 year now, but it does still feel like a dream. I almost don't know what to do with myself now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.