Counselling

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been told to take counselling sessions but I just want to know if they will actually help.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi nothing is guaranteed to help but hopefully it will.  A lot depends on the type of counselling you need at this time and how receptive you can be to it.   You have nothing to lose by trying though have you?  x
  • Posted

Its good to get help from an objective party , someone who can give a different perspective , you might hear some things you don't want to hear , but its part of the process
  • Posted

Good-morning!  I have been going to therapy for several months now and I have found that it truly does help!  I have found talking about things and how I am feeling, lifts a certain weight off of my mind and my heart and I am able to cope much better with everyday stresses.  I must add that I have recently started medication for depression/anxiety and though it has only been just over a month I feel better mentally than I have in many years!  Please give therapy/counselling a chance, you may need to keep going to get the full benefits but I promise, it will help you!  Good-luck and I look forward to hearing how you are doing!  
    • Posted

Hi I will be having my first session at the end of this week and will also be starting my medication, so I feel like there is a big step ahead of me. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.