Cranberry juice and uti

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can drinking cranberry juice help stop an uti that is just starting? Does anyone know of some home remedies to get rid of an uti. Can't afford to go to the doctor

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How can you afford *not* to go see a doctor?  Untreated UTI's can cause a great deal of harm, especially if they move to the kidneys.

• Posted

Don't have the money to go to a doctor. Thank you

• Posted

Hi,

The following things will help you with the uti you have, however if the symptoms get worse, you need to take antibiotic to stop the infection.

Drink as much water as you can

Drink camomile tea which reliefs any inflammation

Try to get D- mannose pills (it's a different type of glucose), need to order it, will cost around $25. Take 3 pills (or if you buy powder version, 1 tablespoon in water) 3 times a day, it will flush out bacteria from your bladder.

Increase vitamin C in your food (carrot, orange, lemon, grapefruit, berries, red pepper)

Combination of all the mentioned pointspoints will be very useful.

Good luck

• Posted

If you're in the United States, go to an ER.

• Posted

The ER where I live requires payment unless it is a real emergency.
    • Posted

Public hospitals, funded by taxpayer dollars, cannot deny you care.  It's the law, regardless of what they might tell you.

• Posted

You really need to go to the hospital if you can't afford a doctor.

It is a real emergency, it's dangerous to leave it untreated x

• Posted

Hi there,  I just stumbled across this post, so I am not sure how you are doing.  So here is the thing, if it is a mild UTI there are ways to rid it of your body before it gets real bad.  One being drinking LOTS of water, cranberry juice or pills to help it from sticking to the bladder walls, D-mannose is really good for that, but really only attacks E-coli bacteria so if it is different one then it might not be a huge help.  Taking ibuprofen (Advil) to relieve inflammation......in a few days you should feel better, however if you are still having symptoms, or feeling worse at any point, regardless of the cost you need to be seen by a doctor.  I have had to combat UTI naturally due to the fact that the antibiotics that treat it I have allergic reactions too.  Either way it is going to cost you money whether you go to the doctors or treat it naturally.....I hope you are feeling better what ever path you took.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.