Crawling feeling in feet with no signs of burrow or rash its been 4weeks please help!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm the only one in a household of 5 that ever had the itching or crawling and it's the second time I've had whatever it is! There's been so sign of rash or burrows either times. The first time I was around someone who had scabies but she was treated twice. The first time was Nov28 I believe the last was Halloween I started itching that night I freaked out and went to E.R. and they just said to treat to be sure 2wks itching was gone. Then it started again Dec 12 again no one but me so we all treated again on Dec 23 cuz everyone thought I was crazy cuz the Dr said I didn't have it the first time. I went to dermatologist yesterday and they couldn't find any rash or burrows so he said couldn't be scabies. So now I'm still freaking out cuz I can feel crawling in my feet some itching. I don't know what to do! I'm scared I'm gonna give it to one of kids they have school and husband cuz he can't miss work. Am I going crazy or can I be a person who doesn't get any other signs but itching and crawling feeling?!

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Keep an eye out for any bumps or rash, that would be a sign. It can come out at any time if it's scabies.  You are still in the time frame.  Did you have any skin to skin contact with this person or use their clothes or bedding?  If not, you probably don't have it.  But, if you see the rash, ask the Doc to be treated, can't hurt.  If no rash develops out of this, it can be Demodex mites.  We all have them, they live in your hair follicles and love the oil on your body.  You can google it.  Sounds gross, but a dermatologist told me this.  I thought he was crazy but it's true.  Also, do you have any pets?  Pets carry mites (ear mites) it can be passed on to humans.   When I had this creepy feeling too years ago, I took a bunch of unscented baby wipes and every time I took a shower, I wiped away everywhere until that feeling was gone and rinsed in cold shower.  I did this a month ago, got freaked out it was back.  Also, a doctor can prescribe a sterioid cream for the itching (temporarily thing though) or you can buy benzdryl cream if you can't get a prescription.   You are not crazy, hang in there. I also read that someone used a lint roller with the strips to wipe the body, sounds weird, but hey, whatever works.  lol  But if you see bumps or a rash, go back to the Dr.   Good luck!  Keep us posted on the outcome.
    • Posted

I did hold this person hand for less than 20 seconds and she did come over and spend the night on my couch but she said she wasn't itching anymore. I know that everyone that she's hung out with didn't catch anything they even spent the night at her house. I haven't stepped foot in her house after finding out. I do have a dog and Bird and my dog sneaks and sleeps on the couch even though he's not supposed to cuz I'm allergic to him. Both times I started itching I had taken vitamin d and I've heard that some people get itching from the fillers that's in it. I was hoping that the dermatologist would've done a skin scrapping cuz I feel like I can't even hug my children or touch anything in the house. I'll try anything right now so thank you for the advice and information. I'll keep you posted when I find out what it was. Thanks again!
    • Posted

Also my son and husband share the same bed with me and they both don't have anything so that's what is making me so confused! The dermatologist said it could be that I'm pre diabetic. Can't wait to find out what's causing this.
    • Posted

I am candida intolerant and believe it make my susceptible. I have them in my heels and cannot kill them.
  • Posted

Do you have diabetes mellitus, peripheral neuropathy, nerve damage or back problems?
    • Posted

I'm not sure but the dermatologist told me I had more symptoms of being pre diabetic than scabies and I should get that checked. I'm making appt. soon so hopefully the Dr. can figure something out.
    • Posted

I get the same feeling in my feet...what makes you so sure it isn't scabies or mites...I also get scratches on my legs or arms...every so many months. Dr. said it wasn't scabies,,,but it continues..
    • Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I will try the vinegar and listerine..I am willing to try anything.  My blood sugar is fine and I am drinking a lot of water...I was never a water drinker ...but I have been drinking water...not over weight..I have gone to dermatoligist and they said no scabies..they tell me the scratches that I get are just scratches but when I get a scratch..I can tell without looking as it has a burning feeling and I don't have itching...I get a crawly feeling on the bottom of my feet...I have tried Promethrin as this has been happening over three years..I keep using the Promethrin and then it seems to go away for a while..then back again in a few months..what is Betamethosone cream...right now just feeling crazy....and why me...what is this???
    • Posted

I'll try the soaking but it seems to be worse after taking a shower but can be cuz I take a shower at night do to my schedule. I'm starting to feel on my face and upper arms more on the left and now I have 3 red tiny bumps on my chin. On one spot on my nostril it was numb and nose itchy and cheeks. My feet are off and on like every other day. My hands have some crawling sensation also. I am out of shape and over weight. I've been trying to stay active so I can tired myself out to sleep at night before picking husband up in morning. There's a lot of stuff going on in my life that has gotten me stressed out like my daughter who is only 16 found a lump in her breast, my husband thought he had a lower hernia but turned out to be pulled groin and of course my issue. I gotten an earlier appointment but still Fri seems so far away. I was around someone who had scabies but they told me they weren't itchy anymore and did treatment twice so I thought it ok. The first time I got itchy was after taking 50,000 units of vitamin d a week. By the third week I started itching. I stopped taking it and itching stopped about 3 wks later. Saw the Dr again and he said to start taking 2,000 vit d a day but started itching 4 days into it. So I don't know what is causing cuz as soon as I started itching I treated for scabies both times and both times no one had symptoms but me. I do have hypothyroid issues but controlled by meds. So what I guess I'm getting at its gonna be long process in finding out what is causing it!! Just want my life back!! Thank you so much you guys! I feel better knowing I have someone to talk to that's not gonna make me feel like I'm going out of my mind
    • Posted

I tried to send you a  link about Vitamin D and itching but it's waiting to be moderated.  It may be approved later.   I read that some people have side effects of Vitamin D and itch after taking it or if you take too much of it, you can itch.  I am wondering if that is the case for you.  Are you still taking it?  Maybe you are allergic to it.  You mentioned when you stopped taking it, you weren't itching anymore.  
    • Posted

I did stop taking vitamin d the itching stopped 3 weeks later. Now I have crawling sensation on feet, upper arms, and cheeks it's on and off. I almost went two days with my feet not acting up. I did have numbing on nostril and itching but that has stopped. I did get 3 tiny red bumps on chin but not itchy. Going to Dr Fri hopefully they don't just brush me off. I need to know cuz I'm crying almost everyday cuz I can't hug my kids or give my youngest a kiss goodnight
    • Posted

thank you Gloria...the scratches I get just appear...usually when I feel the crawling under my feet....and a few days later..I get scratches..it seems as though something is biting me...I do exercise and walk every day..I am in good physical condition...and this is driving me crazy..I am the only one that has the crawly feelings on the bottom of my feet and the only one getting scratches and yes they just appear. I will ask my doctor to do a whatever scrapping I have to do something to easy my mind...This week when a got a scratch on my arm..I was sleeping an it woke me up...I felt like something was biting me...but I couldn't find anything.  Thank you for taking the time to answer me..I think my family just thinks I am crazy....

• Posted

I had streaks on my arms and the doctor said they weren't the correct length to be an infection of any kind.You can go to 10 doctors they will give you 10 different stories never accurate. I have them in my heels.

• Posted

I too suffer from the same thing..I thought it was scabies...been to three doctors..Dermatologist, .all tell me it is not scabies...but know one tells me what it is or how to stop the crawling in my feet...I also get scratches on my arms or legs every few months...the Dr. said everyone gets scratches...I think it is all from the crawling feeling in my feet and something is crawling around my body..Let me know if you find out what was happening.  I am so afraid to hug my grand children or anyone..I am spend all my time cleaning my house...so clean I don't think any mite could live here...I feel crazy....

• Posted

I'm not sure it's not scabies except that I share my bed with my husband and my youngest and they don't have any signs of what I'm having. I've read a lot of people's problems and they say the same thing that the Drs say no scabies just like us. They went to extra measures and took tape to where they were having crawling and looked themselves with the microscope and had to show the Dr that they had it but not everyone has a microscope. My youngest did break out in a rash but his Dr said it was eczema and it actually is cuz the hydrocortisone cream cleared it up. I think I'm gonna make the Dr check for any neuropathy pain and even a skin scrapping. I've have been depressed even having breakdowns to where my daughter had to calm me down. My life doesn't feel normal anymore to where I don't go out unless I have to shop for household stuff. So I understand what your going through... it sucks!! You would think that since there's and outbreak of scabies the Drs would take it more serious!! I'll let you know as soon as I find out I have an appointment next Tuesday but might try and get in earlier. Hopefully they can find something out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.