Crohn's disease and methotrexate

Posted , 5 users are following.

hAnyone willing to share their history of how this is working

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I took methotrexate for 6 months but it didn't have any positive effects unfortunately. I suffered from really bad nausea and my hair was falling out too. I'm now on Humira instead but haven't seen significant improvement yet. Each person reacts differently to each medication and lots of people have success. Just a case of trial and error. Good luck with the methotrexate and I hope it has a positive outcome for you.

• Posted

I inject Metotrexare used to take tablet form. Iv been taking it for a few years for my crohn's and arteritus it works for me

• Posted

Hi,

I have Crohn's in the small intestine, but I've never been of methotrexate I am on Azathioprine the pill and after six months for me it is working well. My c-reactive protein is 0.6 which my GI says no inflammation. I really happy but I do have a narrowing and bad adhesions which pull when laying down and sitting for long periods of time or stretching. Nothing can be done for these right now. I do not want surgery again as I have had 4 surgeries and this last one in 2015 of March was enough. I take vitamin d3, dha, multivitamins, coq10. Everyones body is different when it comes to medication. Hope your find one that will work for you.

We with crohn's stick together and can help each other get through this. It's a life long road.

• Posted

Yes that's true I have a iliostomy now iv had multiple surgery . Happy to give advice to anyone X

• Posted

Hi Barbara, I have crohn's but on Infliximab infusion treatment for flare up just started last month. Sorry, I can't help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.