CRP blood test result 170

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

Just had a CRP blood test amoungst others to try and find out if there is inflammation going on in my body and yes it is, doc gave me result at 170, and yes that is a true figure 170, going for the repeat this monday.

FYI, I am on one hand a very fit 45 yr old and on another someone dogged with health issues, long story, am wondering if anyone has any experience with a figure this high?

thanks all,

Christian

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

CRP is pretty arbitrary. Many of the sero-negative arthropathies never show positive but there can still be inflammation. Mine has been high just once since I was diagnosed. Keep a symptom diary - there are some good apps. That's the best test of what's going on. Try rosehip, there's good evidence it has anti-inflammatory effects without side effects.

• Posted

I guess you need more tests or scans to Find out why 
  • Posted

I too have ahd raised crp and esr blood results but not as high as urs. I have had the odd aches and pains and doctor think mine is my sinuses as I have problem with them. Im not sure what it is but have had my 5th course of anti biotics and back to the doctors on thursday for more bloods and various ana tests what ever they are lol. Has your doctor said what they think could be causing this? Do yuou get any pain or things like that? Take care
    • Posted

Hi, along with the high CRP have unbelievable pain in my jaw, the sort of pain that wanted to chop my head off, seriously, and think was only tooth ache but becasue of the inflammation exponentially made it worse, am sure diet is related to it and just started a vegan to try, i know i struggle with dairly and wheat and already noticing big changes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.