CRPS rehab

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,  I was just wondering if anyone has been to the mineral hospital/ the royal national hospital for rheumatic diseases in bath or tried to go there for treatment of there CRPS. Id really like to know all good and bad experiences anyones had. 

I have CRPS myself and am looking into rehabilitation centres or treatments for severe CRPS with dystonia

Thanks! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes i have had a 2week in patient stay with them last year and am still under their review programme.

the stay was amazing.  You have to be prepared to put the work in though to get the most out, and be willing to 'just go with what they say'! A concept a few found difficult!!  A favourite saying from my stay from members of the crps team with regard to pain was "just put it to one side"!! Which wasnt and isnt always easy to do!  I have to say they are an amazing team and all work together with one intention, to get you your 'life' back.  No they cant take away the pain but they can help you to look at crps in a completely different way.  Before i was referred by my gp i wanted amputation of my leg, by the end of the second week i could actually state that i wanted to keep it despite the crps, it was my leg again.

be aware though that you have this intense support for 2weeks, but then you are back to reality, and that amount of support is just not there.  That is why the friendships you make at Bath are so important, so you have a network of people who understand what you are going through to help you through the tough times.

i wish you well x

• Posted

Where is this place? I have a feeling it's in the UK, right? I've never heard of it here in the states but it sounds awesome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.