Crying for no reason

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,does anyone else experience bouts of crying for no reason. i am on venlaflaxine for anxiety buy every so often i go through spells of crying all the time for no reason, like i have no control over it. does anyone else experjrnce this? GILLIAN X

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian, yes I did before I went on anti depressants back 2009. I had emerancey operation 2008, had ilestomy stoma to save my life after having really bad flare up of crohns. 
  • Posted

I was on the same meds prescribed by my private psychiatrist. Also put on distensan while i was allready taking mirtazapine. Went to emergencies and apart from me not supposed to take the venlafaxine because of taking blood thinners and having high blood presure he also told me that the venlafaxine produced to much energy in relation of adrenaline and weird sensatiins in my head. He took me off m straight away and gave me citalopram and a muscle relaxcant. I was over nervous. Very fatigued my mind was racing and was crying histirically a lot. Seems i have calmed down a lot since. Xx
  • Posted

Hi, there's no harm in crying. It's God's gift to healing so there may be memories of things that are from your past working its way out of your system.You don't say what dose you re on or whether its a slow realease capsule or a fast release tablet. I've been on venlafaxine for years and its saved my life. Maybe you should talk aout whether you need to go up a dose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.