Cs 100th diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so may be a slight exaggeration, but being diagnosed with so many other things before the actual correct one because gps can't be bothered to listen to you anymore is slightly bothersome.

How many others have been told any of the following.... Ms, anxiety, agoraphobia, depression, it's all in your head, hypochondriac, labyrinthitis, it's your blood pressure, I don't know, and the best one yet... we all have pain in our lives we just have to get on and deal with it!

I've only had an xray done so far, and the gp I spoke to about that doesn't agree my dizziness and cross eyes are related, and isn't even sure that my numbness in my arms and hands are from my neck, but I give up seeing them now. Off to see a neuro in the new year and hopefully he'll order an mri because no one else will.

Apart from my rattling on, has anyone else also suffered with (been diagnosed with) costochondritis too? I've had it so many times in the last ten years.

I'm still trying to work out if my ex husband is to blame for my neck issues, as it wasn't long after I finally left him 12 years ago that my neck started to shake (let's just say he wasn't a nice person and I got a burst eardrum to boot too)

But like so many other gp's my neck shaking was nerves and anxiety due to my circumstances.

I'm hoping that after 12 years and only being 40 now, that it's not going to get too much worse, but I'm not sure feeling like you're about to pass out and your vision totally going on top of horrendous pain can be much worse, or can it?

Not being able to pick up my grandchildren isn't something the gp's care about, or not leaving my house alone for four years either, but hey you have to laugh or the suckers get you down.

Here's hoping 2016 will be different eh... Doubt it lol

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i do sympathise, it took a long time for my diagnosis of CS which I got after seeing a neurologists so you are on the right track.  I also have the shakes and numbness in my hands and arms and am unable to go out much due to the pain and fatigue.  I hope you get the answers you need from the neurologist.

• Posted

Hi thank you for the reply, how is yours being treated ?

I've chosen a neurologist in a town half an hour away as I've not heard good things about the local one, I have a friend going through something similar and she ended up with emergency surgery because they had left her so long and she was close to never walking again.

I'm literally taking cocodymol only as ibuprofen now upsets my stomach after having naproxen 14 months ago

• Posted

Over the last 6 years I have taken countless numbers of painkillers.  My old doctor prescribed Durogesic morphine patches which I have used for 4 years.  At the moment I am trying to gradually come off them as they are highly addictive, have terrible side effects and I am still in a lot of pain.  I also take tramadol for the pain and several drugs to help my stomach and bowel as well as anti depressants and tablets to help me sleep.  Unfortunately an operation could only cure the pain in my arms and hands but not my neck, back and shoulders or the headaches.  My new doctor wants to try other drugs once I am off the morphine and tramadol.

I hope you get the result you want.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with costochondritis yrs ago. Very painful and can be mistaken for a heart attack. It comes on with no apparent warning and no apparent cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.