Ct scan

Posted , 7 users are following.

They called me today and they told me I need a ct scan because the hip manufacturer requires it..... Did you all have to have a CT scan?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Not in my case. I've never heard of that requirement before. I would be cautious about having a CT scan, which is comprised of many x-rays from different angles, because the radiation of a CT scan can be equal to as many as 200 regular x-rays.

I wonder why the manufacturer requires this?

• Posted

Hi Erika, no I didn't have a CT scan and the prosthesis was just off the rack - no custom making! One size fits all. Good luck....
  • Posted

Hey Erika

I have had both hips done and did not need a ct scan for any just 2 xrays. But my hip replacements were caused by osteoarthritis is that why you are haveing your thr or is it because of another thing. It maybe because you don't just require a straight forward hip replacement.

But Sarah has had her hip replaced due to another disease that she has had since she was young and l am sure she only had am xray as well.

Any word on your new date yet hun?

Laura x

• Posted

Not yet, done with the antibiotic Thursday, test in Friday and if clean surgery will be scheduled. Scared but I want this over with. Thanks Laura.

I think they said it was recommended by the manufacturer? I am calling for clarification tomorrow

• Posted

Yes! I had to have a CT scan before. The surgeon said it was required for him to plan the surgery. I have an abnormal pelvis and I assume it was to ensure the correct fit for the prosthesis. I had my surgery at RNOH which is a recognised centre of excellence and my outcome so far is awesome. I'm 6 weeks on Friday.
    • Posted

Yes I called today and they are putting in a Zimmer hip replacement and they just wanted to make sure they have the right componentssmile
    • Posted

that is really good Erika - don't want to be all opened up and the there is an

"OOPSIE"   

All is well darling

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

No CT so far, just Xrays.

But I wonder if I may have to have a CT as I am going to RNOH Stanmore next month so they can check on my 'misplaced acetabular insert'.

Graham - 🚀💃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.