Ct scan results?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I went for quite an urgent CT scan 2 days ago for chest, abdomen and pelvis, (only waited a week after consultation) after having various symptoms for a while and enlarged lymph nodes but I'm not sure when to expect results or how? Will someone ring or a letter or will it not be a letter if they've found something?! The secretary said today that the consultant will want to see me again, but doesn't know when yet, and the report of results hasn't come through yet. Last time, he also mentioned doing a biopsy of my lymph glands based on the scan, so I'm quite worried and anxious to get results! Any info/advice would be helpful, thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Really not sure Jess.

When I had ultrasound scan a nurse rang me a week later with result that I had gallstones. I never had this confirmed in writing and it took ages for the hospital to communicate with my local surgery about results. Administration is just not great I'm afraid.

I would go to your GP surgery and they should have the results at some point. You are entitled to see your notes.

Take care and keep me posted

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your message! Ahh right okay, maybe I should wait and see if they ring me then, also it was a consultant at hospital that asked for the scan not my gp but I do agree with the lack of communication! I have experienced it and it's very frustrating, but I did think that because it was an urgent scan, they would let me know asap. I think I need to just be patient, which is really hard with things like this, especially as they mentioned biopsy and seeing an oncologist last time! Scary!

Thanks I will do! X

• Posted

I forgot to mention, a consultant at hospital ordered my scan as well.

One of the GPs at local surgery said that because scan was not ordered by surgery results would not come to surgery unless lI specifically asked them to send results to surgery.

DOES A REALLY KNOW WHAT B IS DOING? I WONDER.!!

Take care

Sarah xxx

• Posted

This what a retired GP told me, who am in a similar position.

"Any further action is with the hospital not the GP. The originator of the investigation is the one who has a duty of care to act on the results."

• Posted

When will they ever sort out these admin errors?

I wouldn't hold your breath!!!!

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.