Cts is worsening day by day... Life is hell

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi.. Need help desperately... This cts is destroying my life... I am always in severe pain and frustrated.. All my relationships r affecting... I have become a grouch.. I have it past 8 yrs.. First it was in one hand but now both hands r in extreme pain... Problem is my NCT comes negative although All the doctors r pretty sure that it's cts.. Nothing works for me.. No pain killers no nerve relaxants.. I have tried everything even acupuncture... Had cartisone shot directly on to the nerve two months ago... Even that doesn't work.. I m on the verge of collapse please help... What to do??

2 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Don't despair. Call your Dr. tomorrow and get set up for Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Surgery with an orthopedic surgeon. He'll have you fixed up in no time with 99.9% good results and very little recovery time! I'm having mine done Friday!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What is an NCT?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Almost certainly Nerve Conduction Tests, otherwise known as NCS, EMG etc - lots of confusing abbreviations. When done properly they have a small false negative rate for CTS - it's impossible to know exactly what that rate is because there is no better test available for comparison but circumstantial evidence suggests that it is about 5-10% depending on laboratory. Dr J Bland

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello there I'm new to the site, I've been prescribed amatriptyline 10mg for a burning/numbing/ disabling pain in both my feet I've had lots of blood tests an X-ray plus recently a nerve conduction test, for a possible tarsal tunnel diagnosis, witch I am awaiting results, The pain is worse when I'm at work placing pressure on my feet!! It's almost disabling very scary!! I'm scared I won't be able to work anymore! And these tablets are not exactly making me feel great! I'm worried for my future, and not sure weather to carry on with the amitriptyline or not. Will it be a cure or just a pain reliever!!! So Will I end up on it forever, if no cure is found for my burning feet, I think I have a similar problem to you but in my feet, it's a nightmare!!! People just don't get it, my jobs falling apart along with my life!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had it in both hands, at its worst i couldnt even wipe my own bum as the pain was too much if i put my hands behind me, i would wake up with hands looking like blown up rubber gloves my life felt ruined i found if i put my hands in as hot as i could bear water and keep them there it eased them, nothing else helped, i had the op 10 years ago and its only now returning, i work as a painter/decorator and its now flairing up by friday evenings but fine if i rest over the weekend
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Go to your primary care doctor. Tell them you have CTS. They'll prescribe a nerve test. Then you'll meet the surgeon. And then schedule and prepare... I am on my 2nd week of recovery from bilateral carpel tunnel release and OMG!!!!!

I had a Phenomenal surgeon.. He himself just had the same surgury 1 year prior.

Best of luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you had other tests to see whats wrong? Turns out I do have cts but initially they ruled it out looking for other causes because the symptoms were inconsistent. They thought it was a pinched nerve in my cervical spine. That got me a referral to the neurosurgeon & other tests. Dont give up. If other drs are certain you do have cts maybe the machine was malfunctioning. & they can do it again.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up