Cure for fungal toe nail

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wanted to share my cure for fungal toe nail infection which I had for 3 years!

I filed the nail down whenever it grew and poured Oregano oil down it once/ twice per day. This was a tip from my acupuncturist. Oregano is a far more powerful anti fungal than tea tree oil.

Finally I put nail varnish on the nail.

A combination of these things for 6 months completely cured my nail and it has returned to normal. It is not misshapen and you would never know I had it now.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so MUCH FOR this post!!! I am doing my best in defense of a fungus that started last year and has moved to another toenail now. I REALLY NEED IT GONE, I don't qualify for the Lamisil pill because of my liver, it can't even handle antibiotics. Anyway can you give me more info on oregano? How many drops did you apply a day? Do you have a specific oil brand that's good? I also have more questions if that's okay??

P.s. SO HAPPY FOR YOU

• Posted

No problem janeyjane. I tried a few things like tea tree oil and the paint on stuff you buy in the chemist. I was even considering the strong anti fungal gps describe or laser treatment!!!

I bought the oregano oil from revital health shop near me. It's expensive but extremely more powerful than any other natural anti fungal. It's smelly so from memory (we're going back a few years) I only used it before bedtime.

I think I poured a few drops in - you'll see it go right down underneath the nail. That is key is needs to go right down underneath the nail.

Filing the nail keeps its natural shape and helps keep it short which is also key in terms of enabling the oregano oil to access the fungus.

Keep topping up the nail varnish whenever you need to - I'm convinced this was effective in killing the fungus too. Plus of course it hides the nail so you can wear sandals.

Finally do now as you can wear sandals all day and fungus hates being exposed to the air. As I'm sure you know it prefers dark socks and shoes.

Yes feel free to ask any questions.

• Posted

Oh my goodness you have no idea what an answer to my PRAYERS you are !!!

Thank you for the info... I have been cutting my nails sharply to apply tea tree ect so do you suggest I do it differently?

I wanted to ask about something I posted on here that was never answered... because of this now I have become so worried and probably paranoid about it spreading ...

I wash my bedding everyday and I feel like if my toe touches anything it will spread!!!

Can you let me know what you did? It's becoming too much upkeep... yes I have been wearing only sandals to keep them dry. I even sleep with my feet out of the blanketsad

• Posted

No it won't spread anywhere I think it very cosy in your toenail 😉 You could pass it to other people you share a shower with though.

I'm really pleased I can help it really frustrates me that the medics seem clueless and just expect people to put up with it!

I was even considering laser treatment which would have cost £££

I found using a nail file better than cutting with scissors. I know of others who've beaten the fungus but wound up with an ugly misshapen looking nail. My nail has returned to the shape it was before and you would never know I had it now.

I was super determined to get rid of it after I had my son for fear of passing it to him. I didn't and now I don't have the worry anyway.

• Posted

I am goin to get oregano , I have it on 3 nails and one toenail! I am desperate ! What kind f varnish or nail lacquer are you talking about? 

I wear gel polish is that ok

• Posted

I just used cheap varnish from Boots. I don't wear gel so don't know.

If you've got it on more than 1 nail you should look at strengthening your immune system too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.