Cure for HepB

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, 

Can you ever be cure from hepB?  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Doctors usually test again after 6 weeks of the first diagnosis. That's the acute phase. If your Body has cleared the virus by then chances are you are cured. If you still have the virus then no, and you will need to go on medication for life to suppress it and have your nearest and dearest vaccinated as yiu are then what is known as chronic. Don't believe people who try to sell remedies that claim to cure Hep B.

• Posted

Thanks. ....  

If i would to have children one day, does this mean i will be passing on my dieases to them?..

• Posted

In answer to your question about children, are you a man or a woman?
  • Posted

You could infect a partner. The virus is blood borne and can be transmitted blood to blood, so can be transmitted to anyone that way, man, woman or child. It can also be found in semen and other body fluids, so yes you could infect a sexual partner but not an unborn child. I would suggest that if you are currently in a sexual relationship you wear a condom during sex. 

Any children you may have in the future should be protected by vaccination, as should a long term partner. 

• Posted

My partner has already been vaccinated and tested negetive for the virus.

I understand  that i can infect my partner (if she has not been vaccinated) BUT i'm quite understand what you mean by  'not an unborn child?'.   so, if my partner has been vaccinated and the virus can be transmitted through semen, does this means that my child will be born with or without the diseases? 

• Posted

There have been a few small scientific studies trying to answer the question of transmission in vitro. They have found the virus in the umbilical chord where the father is positive and the mother is negative, but never found antibodies in the baby.  So I guess if it has ever happened no one has recorded it and it's probably extremely unlikely.
  • Posted

The baby is at risk of infection at the time of birth from an infected mother and so the baby will be given 2 hep b shots after birth. So u can infect the mother if she isn't vaccinated but be aware, some people do NOT get adequate protection from hep b vaccinaions. I am one of those and would never have known if I didn't have my levels checked due to nursing requirements. Even after a further booster it did not bring my levels up and so I am at risk of infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.