Currently in diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well my gp and psychotherpist think i have a form of Bipolar.  The psyhciatrist i have only seen once, and she wants to take her time with a diagnosis, so i am filling in a mood diary for her.

Myself im not sure what to think, but filling in the mood diary has shown me a bit of a pattern.  It seems my "normal" way of being is really quite depressed, not extreme but bad enough that i havent felt anything positive in quite some time, life generally i have to say really is not pleasant.  Then things change, im more focused on work, i have loads of great ideas.  Distressingly though i feel my attitude to other people is just terrible.  Everyone is stupid and beneath me, they dont matter and their problems or opinions make me angry.  I would say the depression at these times is definatly less, and i sleep less, eat less and just care less about everyone but me.  This seems to last about 4-5 days, then i feel the depression creeping back in.

Does this seem to everyone to be enough for my gp and therapist to be right about a concern about bipoalr 2?  Im just not sure.  These patterns really have been going on for a lot of years, at least 10-15 and ive always just put it down to anxiety, but its sure not improving - worsening if anything

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Jmcg2014

Sorry I seemed to hit the wrong key or something I will start again

Bipolar is a mood where some days you will be cooking on gas and you will be knocking doors into windows, next time your mood will hit rock botton and you will be very low. When you are high you could be the devil to work with.

The condition can be controlled to a fashion with medication so your description you gave above does sound right

BOB

• Posted

Thanks, I guess the reason I doubt it is because when I'm more productive and creative and generally being a nasty person to others, I can't say it feels good - it just feels full of agitation and drive, but not pleasure,and wasn't sure if the hypomania part of bp2 needs to feel good or not

• Posted

Hello jmcg

You are following a well worn road.

Keep a grip

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

i used to journal in my twenties, every single day. i had no idea that after years of doing it, it would prove to be my pathway for my diagnosis. when my pdoc asked me to begin journaling i told her i had been for years, and when i brought it in, it became crystal clear that i had flight of ideas that i thought i was just the smartest, most creative, could do anything, followed by lows where i stayed in bed, did not go to school or work. at the time there did not seem to be much normalcy when i read through them. years later, ( like 29 years later) i actually did have anxiety that ran comorbidly with my bipolar that i really didn't know about. A form of ocd where your thoughts ruminate and you  just have worries and fears. it's called Pure O. so you could have several things going on with in your right now. be dilligent and very honest. be sure to put in sleep patterns, how tired you are, your thoughts, rate your mood..... this is truly the way to find out. every day write down a thought that you had go through your mind that represents the way you were feeling. good luck to you. be sure and chart everything so you can get the right medication.......good luck..

• Posted

Thanks a lot, that's helpful and quite familiar. For the last 20 years I've had problems with anxiety, depression and ocd. It's just been constant cycles of depression, then really frantic times which then go back to depression. Every few years I end up burning out and being off work for 6 months, then it all starts again. It's so tiring!

• Posted

you sound like me (especially with the honesty you shared about not caring about anyones opinions and being very creative at work)...and I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

I also think I have bipolar...but the facility I go to...is very skilled in mental health and mainly works with people that have substance abuse as well. *I'm an alcoholic.

It is very hard to tell when someone has had drugs or alcohol in their brain to diagnose any condition...so I have a lot of faith in this facility and the diagnosis.

• Posted

Yes, sorry to say but it sounds like bipolar.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.