Cymbalta giving it try so far

Posted , 3 users are following.

My teeth are really hurting im hoping the pain will stop i have trigeminal neuralgia its so painful im not sure yet if this drug is for me yet

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It will take awhile to start working. Im on day 4 of 30mg for fibromyalgia an Depression and anxiety. First day I took it st 10a.m. after eating a energy bar, guess not enough food cause I was sick rest of day 3 hrs later . I had even ate a sandwhich rt before I got sick. Nausea. Fatigued. Lethargic. Next day took at 8 p.m. no nausea but ever since felt lethargic like someone unplugged me. Im also taking Klonapine (anti-anxiety) but it never did this so I know its the Duloxitin. Iv taken this before almost a yr ago. I did 30 for a wk then went to 60mg. It was ok. No nauseated an no real fatigue like now. Fibro felt better. Had to Stop due to my blood pressure seemed to rise. I dont have high blood pressure. BUT, i was under extreme stress. Broke foot then 2 wks later rear ended an totaled our only car. An taken by ambulance. Then duking it out with Walmart ( fell in there store, there fault)an car insurance of guy who hit me. I took it only 6 wks a n stopped because of blood pressure an i didnt think it was helping mentally. But i dont thinlk I gave a chance. I was in pain each time it was taken (blood pressure) an that makes it go up. So now I dont understand why Im so wiped out. I started it again because Iv tried Zoloft, Lexapro an Prozac. Yuk! Side effects horrible. So we will see an Im under extreme stress again caring my elderly parent's, their estate sale, selling their house anoving them this wk to a new apartment in a retirement home. An iv got 2 teen sons an a husband. An financial difficulties. So hang in there sometimes these meds take 6-8 wks to work. Some feel it in 4. Everyone diff. I feel for ya. Goodluck. Oh an dont drink on Duloxitin or take anti-inflammatories. Increases bleeding risk. One every now an then isnt bad but alot not good.

• Posted

That stinks yeah i thought about going back to my old drug but it worked just the muscle pain sucks thats my only side effect but im almost willing to live with that because i got this burning sensation in my arms from the cymbalta an my face is really hurting i take gabapentin an cymbalta so i cant drink at all well i hardly drink anything nowadays but i enjoy wine some times
  • Posted

Hello

You never said how long and how many mg of duloxetine you are taking? I'm taking 30mg daily for fibromyalgia. I found it easy to tolerate compared to other medications if this type. If you have just started taking this med, I would give it time as it might just work for you as it's prescribed for neuropathic pain.

Good luck

Garry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.