Cymbalta increased....anxiety and more depression

Posted , 1 user is following.

This will be my 6th day on 60mg after being on 30mg for 5 weeks.

My anxiety is really bad now & I'm hyperventilating feel like I'm going out of my mind. Lost my motivation & can't think straight. What should I do?

The 30mg wasn't really helping so she increased me to 60 & now much worse. I want to get off or go back down to 30mg. I didn't have the symptoms I have now just depressed & a little anxiety when on the 30mg.

She also has me on clonazepam 1mg after being on xanax for a few years.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

These antidepressants are such a roulette game! Do we increase, decrease or what the hell do we do?. I am on Lexapro 15 mil decreased from 20 which made me so jittery and anxious! However after 6 weeks on 15 mil I still feel very anxious which makes me feel depressed also! Need some relief soon! I fear trying something else because of side effects! 
    • Posted

I will be decreasing down to 30mg tonight. I can't take these side effects from the 60mg. I wanted to go back on Lexapro which I was on years ago & my pych dr didn't like this med so I listened to her & took the cymbalta....BIG MISTAKE. I will call her & tell her I want to get off of this & start the lexapro. I heard it's a nightmare to get off cymbalta  but I need to get off of it. I wish I knew how to wean myself off without side effects!! Are u taking a anxiety med maybe this would help u with the anxious & jittery feeling.....please look into that & keep me posted

Linda

• Posted

Yes I take kolonpin too! I tried cymbalta too before going back on the Lexapro! Hated cymbalta! Hope you do better!
    • Posted

Does Lexapro work better for you? Do u get any side effects like with cymbalta? I took lexapro years ago so I really don't remember I think I didn't suffer any side effects. How many mg are u on & does it help you?

• Posted

Had alittle extra anxiety  when I first started with Lexapro but nothing bad! I am on 15 mil! It seems to be helping but is taking a long time too kick in!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.