Cyst,ovaies and Fallopian tube removal age 45

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all 

I posted on here a few week ago worried about the above operation.

im now a week post op and I was so pleased how smoothly everything went from start to finish. I had keyhole surgery with the risk of being opened up ( this is what happened 27 years ago with my first cyst). Keyhole has come along way since then and I was so pleased when I came round to find I hadn't been opened up. I also welcomed the cup of tea with open arms (never tasted so good)

Everyone deals with after effects  differently, for me I was expecting pain every where, but the shoulder pain due to gas was so bearable, for me it was constipation omg. Proper poo on day 6, another great feeling. Tiredness is unbelievable but like I've been told take everything easy and sleep when you feel it, and I'm just waiting for the menopause to slap me in the face, I been signed  4 weeks off work as I'm on my feet all day (hairdresser). If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, 

At the end of the day if you been told to have the op just go with it, I suppose because mine has gone well I just wanted to share. Good luck everyone

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm glad everything went ao well for you.

I had exactly the same op in April, plus vaginal prolapse repair.

The laparoscopy went well, like yours, but yes the tiredness is unbelievable.

You'll still get tired when you go back to work, so rest as much as you can.

Just because you haven't a bit cut, doesn't mean you haven't had major surgery.

Take care, and take ir easy as much as you can.

• Posted

Thanks Laura 

may I ask you what where you were at at the time with the menopause and how you are now with it as so far I feel ok. 

• Posted

I went through an early menopause, after a hyaterectomy at 42, and was on hrt for years.

I was given oestrogen gel last year, for vaginal atrophy, to help strengthen walls due to prolapse.

The laparoscopy made no difference to me, I still have menopause symptoms, especially hot flushes, but it's copeable, and not too bad.

HRT helped me enormously for years.

• Posted

Thank you, I'm due to go this week and get it sorted at the drs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.