Cystocele success

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have mild cystocele but causes lots of symptoms.  Will surgery stop movement of the cystocele when I cough and sneeze etc. I hate the pushing down feeling . Plus I pee when I do Pilates and on occasion depending on my cycle I wet myself when coughing and don't make it to the loo in time . Also other bulging symptoms that come and go I hate it, I'm sick of being told it's not that bad when the symptoms are ! TIA

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not sure how to edit post but wanted to change title ?
  • Posted

You can't edit previous posts, just leave it and maybe start another thread. The only answer to a weak bladder/cystocele which needs surgery is to use panty liners or pads if it's bad. Pelvic floor exercises can help to strengthen your muscles a bit. Try googleing 'Pelvic floor exercise, I believe there are websites with videos, ie; youtube, to show you what to do but you need a special physio instructor really. If your symptoms are causing distress, ask your GP to refer you to a gynaecologist, they can't refuse if you're in UK that is.

• Posted

Yes it will "cure" it. Make sure the surgery is done by a UROGYNECOGIST not a regular gyn good luck

• Posted

Hello. If you have a cystocele repair your vulval area should return to "normal", mine did. You'll be able to do Pilates without peeing. A good urogynaecologist should ignore just how bad the prolapse is and seriously consider how it's impacting on your day to day life. Some women choose to live with a prolapse for years without surgery because it doesn't affect them where as others like yourself are finding it really troublesome. What I advise patients to do is write and record in a diary how it affects you every day, so if you do Pilates how many times you feel the urine leak etc. Then take it to your appointment.

• Posted

I've had a successful posterior repair a year ago and took notes with me for that. 

I have a terrible cough at the moment and I'm peeing even after I've emptied my bladder. I have days I'm ok but lately its terrible despite only having a small cystocele. 

Would I need a bladder sling with an anterior repair do you think ? 

Thanks 

• Posted

You may need a bladder sling but your consultant may want to do further investigations such as urodynamics. It all depends on the state if your cystocele. I had frequency but didn't have a sling and it improved after the repair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.