cystoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having a renal test and a cystoscopy done this week. Had side and back pain going on for several weeks. Cat scan as fine. Urine had traces of blood so that is why the further testing. Nervous!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Bev!

i personally don't  know anything about renal tests,but please don't worry about the cystoscopy!  If you live in the United States, I think it is safe to say that docs here usually give you a sedative (Versed, etc...) so that you won't remember the procedure.  My doc did...just had a bit of soreness when peed the first few times because of the urethral stricture (scar tissue buildup) that was pushed aside or snipped out.  Not much to "write home about" smile

Please let us know how you do...we will be thinking of you!

Patty

• Posted

Hi Bev, I have Cystoscopies every 6 months now. Try not to worry, in most cases it is an infection. As for the Cysto, they really aren't as bad as you'd think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.