Cystoscopy Burn????

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 20 years old and just had a cystoscopy today . The procedure wasn't painful, but afterwards the pain during and after urinating is intense ! My doctor gave me Uribel to alleviate the pain, but I was wondering how long this pain during urination will last? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Usually it takes 2-3 days. If you don't have fever, no reason you worry.

• Posted

Hi,

Usually it takes 2-3 days. If you don't have fever, no reason you worry.

• Posted

Hi Jen can i ask how long it takes , and are your awake during cystocopy x
    • Posted

Sure! The procedure was less than 5 minutes. It's not painful but the burning after peeing was crazy after the numbing gel wore off. I was awake the whole time, and did the procedure in my doctors office~~~it's a bit awkwark, but nothing painful. My best advice is to relax your kegels while she has the cystoscope inside .

• Posted

Hi Jen am in the uk , someone told me they got put to sleep for it, thats great to hear it was over quickly hope the pain clears up soon x
  • Posted

Update : the burning while urinating went away 100% after just two days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.