D- mannose against E. Coli. Not helpful?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear everyone ,

I have a big problem-reoccurring uti caused by e.coli.

I'm 26 and have been having this problem the last 3.5 years. I have changed many hospitals and doctors trying to find the one who will be helpful..I tried many different antibiotics, short term and long term, immunoterapia, herbal therapy. It still coming back after 1.5-2 months. Urodynemics was normal, cystoscopy as well. I have been taking dmannose 500 mg pills one a day 2 pills, for 3 months,and nothing else with it since I am sick of antibiotics. The last week I started again feeling discomfort in my urethra and today, after 7 days, uti occurred again, announcing the start of the hell again.

Recently I also saw another products in the internet, which supposedly brake the biofilm helping to get rid of the ecoli sitting in the bladder wall.

Has anyone ever tried any of those?

Also, what dose of dmannose is recommended during uti and when the pain and other symptoms are hopefully relieved?

I tried only pills but not the one that needs to be dissolved in water as I understood from previous comments.

Please help with your advice, I really want to get rid of it since we want to have a baby, but sofar it hasn't been possible to even think of.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking a probiotic to boost the good gut bacteria? Also have you stopped wearing tights? I found years ago that changing to old fashioned stockings and suspenders and wearing only loose trousers helped a lot with UTIs.
    • Posted

No,

I am not taking prebiotic so, instead I eat yoghurt every day.

Thanks for the advice!

• Posted

Hey there,

I feel your pain on so many levels and really sympathise ... Especially When you're trying for a baby as my husband and I have the same issue... They really get in the way...

I don't know the cure... But I DO know you are not taking enough D-mannose at all. If you are simply having e-Coli infections then D-mannose should be more effective. You need to take ATLEAST 3 pills 3 times a day OR MORE... Especially if you have a uti or feel one coming on. In the case of a uti you should be taking 3 pills every 2 hours. And make sure you take them properly. Have only a cup of water when you take them , then wait 45 mins to 1 hour before drinking a s***load of water and pee those bugs out! I don't think it helps the biofilm problem but it certainly takes pain away and gets rid of a lot of them to an insignificant amount. But do take the antibiotics if you have a full blown infection that's riddled with e-Coli.

If you find something that breaks the stupid biofilm walls those suckers create without having to burn off the entire lining of your bladder then please... Let me know

• Posted

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your advice. Do you also know if the poswer d-mannose has the same effect as the pills?

I am aslo going to try one of the biofilm breaker supplements, you can find about them by searching "Treat and Prevent UTIs Without Drugs".

How long have you been using d-mannse and do you feel any improvement?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.