Daily head pressure and weakness is this CFS?

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past year now since February of 2016 a lot of things have gone wrong with my body that I'm not for sure of what it is , I have been losing unintentional weight I feel my bones have weaken aka (bone loss) , I have all sorts of headaches going from head pressure all round, pressure from my nose and top of my head ,  facial tightness , sharp head pains , weakness on both sides , pain from my jaw that radiates to my temples and some what like a brain spasms I can't really explain it but spasms is what come close and some times cold and warm spots along with the cold spots it feels like something is draining inside. Also ringing in the ears . I do have a hard time sleeping my body do get tired at night but its like my brain wont allow me to sleep it like a buzzing and falling sensation wakes me up and i panic and I have weakness in my legs I'm always in and out of my sleep. From march till July I will notice I would get light headed when I rise from bed it dosent matter if I got up quickly or took my time but since august of 2016 I have been feeling this faintness feel and i have been doing a lot of research and the number 1 thing I have seen is ANXIETY which is a relief cause i dont have to think of the worse like a brain tumor etc. but at the same time I feel like like I'm suffering from something that is causing it or making it worse my life hasn't been perfect and I have dealt with a lot of stress but I have never experience the symptoms that I'm dealing with now also to go with this I have experience a lot of stomach issues also a lot of symptoms similar to acid reflux and IBS. The crazy thing is I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism early in the year but was then told I didn't have it and was just a episode of thyroiditis. Also been suffer with of and nasal congestion. I Feel that I do suffer from ANXIETY but I believe that I have a medical problem that's causing it such as (CFS) Chronic fatigue syndrome , Fibromylagia, Lyme disease , and Celiac disease. I've done an ultrasound on my neck Had my tsh level check both came back fine , MRI of the brain that came back normal , did two nose endoscopy and a hearing test those were good , 3 ekgs normal , ultrasound and 3 x rays on my abdominal normal , numerous blood work was fine I do have a tab bit of a vitamin d defiecny that I found out in late august which is at 24. Additional information all this happen after I had 3 types of infections ear , upper respiratory , stomach flu , and nose .

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Left out some other stuff but Im schedule to do a ems in February and a sleep study which hasn't. Been schedule yet 😧 I get very impatient because its a waiting game I have to wait a month or two just to get seen or a test done I try my best to stick it out which I do but its hard man I have my good days and I have my bad but when the bad comes I'll rush to the ER Im only 20yr old male and I'm in need of answers the only thing I can think about is death so please anything can help and I appreciate your responses.

• Posted

Sorry you have so much going on. It could be ME/CFS, but you first need a complete blood panel done to rule out other illnesses. There are some core symptoms that typically occur with ME/CFS: unrelenting fatigue; post-exertional fatigue (you get abnormally fatigued after exerting yourself); sleep problems; cognitive problems (trouble concentrating; short-term memory loss). In addition to these symptoms, of course many others can occur, like digestive issues, headaches, nerve problems (like tingling, burning, heaviness in limbs). If your bloodwork comes back normal, the next step would be to see an infectious disease doctor or a rheumatologist. They should be able to diagnose you by asking relevant questions. This is how I got diagnosed. There is no magic treatment for this illness. The best advice I could give you would be to pace yourself, get plenty of rest, de-stress in whatever way you can (stress and anxiety can greatly exacerbate the illness), and stay within your energy envelope. People can get better from ME/CFS, and you have a good chance of improving because you're young.

• Posted

Thank you for the kind words I have already done a blood panel and everything came back normal I told my doctor that I wanted to see a rheumatologist for the reason behind my vitamin D defeciancy but she felt like it wasn't needed this was about month and a half ago so my next step now is to just switch doctors... well I have too anyway 😂 cause I'm moving in 2weeks but I will definitely push my next doc to get this done .

• Posted

Hi all your symptoms are very similar to what I had for a long time mine started from a upper respitary  infection I had the pressure headaches most of what you have mentioned unfortunately I got diagnosed to late I was pushing to much which inevitably made it worse had to stop work but 3 years on i am making a recovery all I can say really is to rest be very patient try not to stress and try and get a referral to neurologist rheumatologist to get a diagnosis take care 
  • Posted

Sounds like it could be ME/CFS. As Russ said try to get referred to a rheumatologist or an ME consultant. The trouble is with ME that they can't diagnose it with tests because our test results usually come back fine even though we're definitely not.

When I saw an ME consultant he asked me a load of questions and that's how I got my diagnosis; I think it's the same way most of us get diagnosed.

I hope you find out what's wrong soon. Stick around because there are a lot of helpful and supportive experienced patients here. razz

• Posted

I think I'll message you.

• Posted

I have had the same symptoms for 2 years now, especially the anxiety. The bones in my legs from the knee down ache inside. This then leads to my legs swelling up the day after. I had upper respiratory issues, severe pain in my cheeks, eyes, I even had septoplast surgery on my nose. Which has made no difference. The latest symptom is neck ache. Which sends an electric shock like feeling all the way to my head, causing a tingling sensation. I too can no longer work. I had my own business working 60 hours a week. Now I struggle to take the bin out. I am in the middle of a depression cloud. It's debilitating. I have an appointment with the cfs clinic on Thursday. My first one. 

• Posted

Hi Richard,

I just want to suggest that some herbs are very effective for depression and that once you get on the medical antidepressants route it can be very hard to get off it. You don't have to go that way through.

So many of us are offered antidepressants; I was offered prozac but I didn't take them because I wasn't clinically depressed. It's normal for us to get down about our symptoms and that doesn't need to be treated as a psychiatric disorder.

Message me if you want to know which herbs keep me happy and chirpy despite having had ME for over 10 years and being virtually bed bound. razz

• Posted

So sorry, I know it is not fun...But it does seem that most of your symptoms are in line with ME/CFS.

I would suggest doing research, there is a lot out there about ME/CFS. You will see many of your symptoms listed...(be sure to ignore PACE studies) They have misguided many into severe relapses.

I believe one should be a partner in health care, the more you know, the better you can help the Dr. help you.

I was in my twenties when I first got the symptoms & was diagnosed with ME/CFS, So I understand the fear & frustration.

It is necessary to pace yourself in what you do. Don't overdo or push yourself too much, be healthy, eat healthy & avoid junk food. Also avoid cleaning supplies, chemicals, mold, paint & stress.

Maybe take vitamins, vit.D gets low when you stay inside a lot, which most of us who are sick do.

Getting tests are important to rule out other issues. Also to see what is wrong symptom wise.

Best of luck for the new year & I hope you start to feel better asap.

• Posted

I just wanted to Give y'all a update for the ppl that was following this thread so far everything came back normal had my emg test back in February that came back normal, I got acquainted with my new Primary care they did a blood panel everything came back normal as well at least what I think cause they haven't called me about the results in 2 weeks but I'll call them just to make sure but other then that I still go through some symptoms but I'm in a much better place then I was before. I think my problem is I just have to accept that I have Anxiety and I just need to Find ways to reduced my stress Cause I refuse to take a pill that will cause more problems or worse rather do it the natural way and live with it Long as I'm able to see another day I'm Alright I made it this far 😂.

• Posted

Good to read that you are "on the mend"

Did the blood panel include Folate and Vitamin B12 as these help iron to make red blood cells

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.