daith piercing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I was watching This Morning, when a lady came on Friday mentioned suffering from Headaches/migraines, 3 years plus she had a Daith piercing and noticed significant improvement.

I have googled looks interesting, as we all know though what works for one, may not  help all...

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi smile

I have been hearing a lot about this also . Thinking of getting it done on Monday but am petrified. I shall update you if I do get it done !

• Posted

Oh.... Good luck, I am petrified at the thought, I need to find someone who will do it

please do let me know, I heard from a lady who mentioned that after a week, she noticed a difference

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Shaheen, 

I hope you are well and migraine free today smile

I went and did it! Got my daith pierced.I was very nervous as Im scared of getting piercings. But compared to the constant migraine pains, it was a pain I could handle and it was over so quickly. 

So far so good (though its probably too soon to tell. I will keep you updated) 

I have been reading so many mixed reviews, some people say they completely disappear, others say it drops the pain from an 8 out of 10 to 2-3 . Either way, its relief...I will definitely keep you updated because if it does work, I want to let everyone know about it! smile

• Posted

Hi Shuk, so nice to hear from you, OMG, you did it well done

cannot wait to hear the results

I need to start looking for a place to have mine done

well done, thanks for sharing

• Posted

Hi!

So far, so good (on my right side where the piercing is!) I had two migraine attacks on the left side this week...The left side is where I get 20% of migraines.

Nothing on the side where the piercing is! If I find this works, I will pierce the other side in a few months (healing time takes ages so want to wait for it to settle )

If you are based near South East London, I'm more than hapay to give you the name of the place that did mine smile

• Posted

Hello everyone, I am a neebie on this site, I have a Chiari malformation, and have had two decompressions, I am going to get the daith piercing this week for my birthday, I am planning on doing both ears at the same time, like we all know, we can handle the pain. Thank you for the information, and I will re-post after I have them done. Hope this finds everyone having a good day. K
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm suffering like yourself with the majority of pain on right side. Suffered for about 20 years but last few years are far worse. Tried all the usual things- all the drugs from Amitrypitine, Gabipentin , beta blockers and the list goes on. When I complete final trial in 4 weeks I return to consultant to see next options. Plus had a nerve block, but hopefully I will get Botox after over 2 years of trials. I have also been having acupuncture and asked about Daithe piercings. It does seem that there is much evidence to suggest they help but wondered what your experience has been like? I'll do anything for some relief!

Please let me know.

Thanks Claire EB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.