Darier's disease and PA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all.I just joined this site today.I saw my rheumatologist last week in Epping.He mentioned I might have PA.Gave me a steroid injection.I am at Guys and St Thomas London Bridge tomorrow and have just seen a post about a new drug for PA called IXEKIZUMAD.Hope I can get on the trials so I can post my findings on here.I have suffered from dariers all my life since puberty.It is similar to psoriasis,but rarer,I treat it without any drugs these days.I use cider vinegar,and oregano,vitamin e,vitamin b1 seems to have helped my cholestorol too.One of the side effects from taking those damned pills called acitretin,or when I first started Tigason Cod liver oil.Mostly it's what I don't take in MY diet that makes the difference for me.I try to not eat yeast,although I love wine,ciders etc.I try not to eat bread with yeast and wheat in.No citrus if possible.sugar I keep low too.It's certainly helped me with the itching side.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi those steroid jabs are great, they make you feel better!, There are quite a lot of new Biologic drugs on the market ast the momment, i havent heard of that one. I have PsA and osteo, i take Methotrexate weekly and Simponi (golimumab) monthly, so am i better, not really but i could be a lot worse!!

I hope they offer you the IXEKIZUMAD as it will be interesting to see how you get on....

• Posted

Yes lol8.I am able to play guitar how I did some  years ago.I feel better for that alone spiritually too smile It's not good is it sad I have osteoporosis,so many broken bones.Your outlook is like mine.I try to take a positive out of a negative.It's the only way.Try to keep a smile in company.Anyone who knows me knows to not ask me how I am te he smile I'll report back later if I can get the IXEKIZUMAD.I'm at Guys London Bridge  for 3.00pm today.I live in Harlow so a bit of a trek.It's a lovely Hospital though,so as Hospitals go I like going.Staff are so kind to me.Well.They all are at the many Hospitals I go to smile I want to ask if it's OK to wear fake finger  nails too.My nails are awful.I use clear nail strengthener,but they chip,split etc anyway sad
    • Posted

Hi Steve,

I have PA and am on methotrexate for it. Be really interested to hear about this new drug. The only place I suffer from actual psoriasis badly is under my nails and being an Essex girl that is traumatic 😂😊 I have learned that keeping them short and using BarryM (get from superdrug) base coat,top coat and hardener clear nail varnish (it's all in one) protects the chipping and splitting. Use it regularly so your nails are always covered and mine now grow to quite a length 😊😊 like the positive attitude. It's kept me going. It will certainly help your nails enough to strum away. Fingers crossed for you and positive vibes coming your way ☀️☀️☀️☀️ Lisa

• Posted

Hi Lisa.Yeah.Traumatic for an Essex girl sad I should know.I live in Harlow smile I went to Guys yesterday,but the new drug is just for psoriasis so I couldn't even be thought of for the trials,as mine is dariers.It might be worth going to your gp,and seeing if they can send you to a dermatogist ;if you haven't already seen one already ,and seeing if they can get you on the trials.It does look exciting for psoriasis sufferers.Apparently cured a third already with minimal side efects.Thanks so much Lisa on the BarryM from superdrug tip.So lovely of you on the positive vibes too.Back at you honey smile
    • Posted

Essex Rocks!!! (Well it rolls a lot as well!) 😂 I seem to suffer the arthritis more, I really only get the psoriasis under my nails so probably not a good treatment for me either. I seem to be tolerating the MTX better, my hair is even growing back (I know another Essex girl trauma!) I had to have my long hair chopped into a bob. You make the most of what you can. Not all days are good but there is some good in every day 😊 ☀️☀️
    • Posted

Say Lisa.One tip I just got on nails is regularly massage olive oil into them.It helps keep them moisturised,so they don't dry out,and chip.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Thank you Steve

I'm going to try that as well. I try anything and work out what's best for me. Thank you 😊😊☀️☀️

Lisa

• Posted

My pleasure Lisa.Have you tried Dalacin at all? It's an anti biotic liquid solution you could put your nails into each day.It might help.
    • Posted

Thank you Steve. I'm going to ask my doctor for some and try it. They have never offered me anything for my nails 😕😕 as you are not far from me hopefully you are seeing some sunshine too ☀️☀️ Lisa 😊😊
    • Posted

Yes.Is was a lovely day in 'super Sunny Harlow' Lisa smile Cider vinegar is a natural anti biotic you could use,also and just rinse off afterwards.All the bestest,have a tip top Sunday!!
    • Posted

Ooh you are full of useful tips! Thanks Steve. The only problem with cider vinegar is I'm going to smell like an Essex girl on a Friday night 🙊🙊😂 off to the doctors in a while to ask about Dalacin. I had a very lazy Sunday watching DVDs and lazing about. Hope you had a good weekend 😊😊☀️☀️ Lisa
    • Posted

Te he "Essex girl on a Friday night " smile You're funny!! Lets hope you get the Dalacin Lisa.I had a lovely walk with some friends then cooked a meal when I got in.What dvds did you watch ? My last film.I watched Thor on Friday night.Love those Marvel films.I'll keep thinking of more tips for you.Sometimes I just go.Oo yeah I forgot about that one,and post it for you smile Back to a song I'm working on.
    • Posted

My life was very rock n roll yesterday... Two doctors Appts, a muller rice for tea. At least I took some drugs today... Although I don't think MTX counts!! The doctor said the Dalacin wouldn't work for me so back to trying the olive oil. I like watching Ray Winston, Shane Meadows and Mike Leigh films best of all. Oooh writing a song. Good luck. Sending you inspiration 😊😊 And positive thoughts ☀️⭐️😊 Lisa
    • Posted

Love your positivity on doctors appts. I know them all to well.Muller rice too for tea.Rock and roll indeed smile No Dalacin.Worth a pop though.Well.You can go the cider vinegar way still Lisa,Just wash your fingers well after.Lemons good for getting rid of smells.Olive oil is really good for nails so good luck with all you can do for your nails.Yeah.I like Ray Winston.Top bloke too.He lives local to me in Roydon.I watched the trials of Jimmy Rose just finished.You have tip top taste in your films choices smile Thanks on the inspiration and positive thoughts Lisa.Most kind.Sure it'l help smile .I have many songs I've uploaded,and on you tube as well. Couple of videos on there too.PM you the links if you like.I take one of those anti allergy one a day pills.Seems to help.Have a top day honey. Better get cracking on Ste boots song.I paint shoes and boots so that's the reason for the name of the song.The kids love'em  smile
    • Posted

You paint shoes and the kids love it? I nearly whooped for joy! I used to wear hand painted DM's many years ago! Day 2 of MTX today so my heads a bit foggy. Jimmy Rose is on the planner ready to be watched. Are you on Facebook? Perhaps you would like to private message me your Facebook details if so. I would love to see your you tube links but think we should do it private message so Mr Moderator (hi Mr Moderator 😊😂) doesn't get upset! 🙊🙊🙊😂😂😂😂☀️ Lisa
    • Posted

Hope the fog clears for you Lisa! Yes.I'm on Facebook.I'll pm you my details and links,plus a pic of me and some boots I painted smile Neato you had some hand painted DM's smile Will be good to see what you thought of Jimmy Rose too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.