Dark spot on lower lip

Posted , 2 users are following.

I developed this dark brownish tinted spot on my lower lip a couple months ago. No idea what is it. I went to see a dermatologist about it and he didn't really offer anything that could help me. He gave me some tri luma which is lightening cream but that hasn't help. It seems like it gets more/less visible depending on what kind of lighting i'm in (sunlight, brightly lit room, etc). I really want it gone but not sure what more I can do. Has anyone else experienced something like this or can offer any advice to get rid of it? Here are some pics: 

https://postimg.org/gallery/ttutj2ea/8076f56d/

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Cant see the pic Ryan.    Is it slightly raised? it could be a mole which has formed or is still forming.    Moles on lips are quite common.  They can be removed but wherever you are it would be a chargeable procedure if no malignancy was suspected. Laser surgery can be helpful or a shave excision,which doesnt leave a scar.        
  • Posted

Is it sore or itchy or spreading?  Do you smoke tobacco or anything else? Do you drink alcohol fairly heavily?    your dermatologist obviously thinks it is just a natural darker patch of skin . The Tri Luma may take some time to see results and it is also protection against sun damage,which is what your dermatologist may suspect. Dont stop using it even if you are not in a sunny part of the world.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.