Day 1

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had my operation yesterday (

Took a couple of paracetamol before the op.

125 ml of fluid taken out. Came round in recovery room about hour or so later. Felt fine but was loaded with local anaesthetic

Walked a bit gingerly to the car

Went straight up to bed just taking paracetamol every 4 hours

Had a few twinges of shooting pain that takes your breathe away but nothing really unbearable

I dropped off to sleep about 11 o'clock woke up at 3 for the biggest wee ever known to man

Fell back to sleep and woke up at 7

Still taking paracetamol and antibiotics but so far so good.

How some of the people on here go for years with these things is baffling.

Any questions please feel free to ask

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

how long does it take you to fully recover? what does the doctor say?
    • Posted

They've given me 5 days antibiotics

They reckon 10 days for stitches to dissolve

Never told me to use ice so I haven't.

I still haven't looked at the incision yet

But got a lovely bruise on my c**k this morning

• Posted

how long does it take you to fully recover? what does the doctor say?
    • Posted

They reckon about 4 days

Just been in the shower and let the pads fall off when they got wet rather than pull them off.

Bit of blood but nothing from incision site.

It did hurt a bit when water hit the cut but nothing to moan about.

I'm still taking paracetamol just 1 but only as a precaution

Going to try and have a walk today

• Posted

For me its began around january this year, I have seen my left testicle started growing. I was in panic so gone see my Doctor, the terrible news was I have a tumor on my left kidney. Probably that is the reason why the hydrocele  Operation is done, it was chromophobe Renal cell cancer, rare thing. I am 39. Have to work etc. However,  operation was in 28 March so I' m doing fine I guess, need to go check ups every 6 months. Now Im facing to the hydrocele op. thats what I have to get it done ow. Do you think 2 weeks enough to recover from the surgery? Thanks, Rob

• Posted

I'm feeling fine although I have just driven back from Nottingham which is about 15 mile away from my house and it feels like someone is trying to pull my right leg off. I think it is the muscle in the right side of my groin

It is the same feeling that I got before the operation. But only when I sit down.

If it Carry's on like this when the swelling has gone down then I'm going to go back to the doctor and ask wtf is going on.

Don't be scared of the operation. I was petrified at the thought of it but now having it done it wasn't that much of a big deal.

I got a splinter in my finger the other day that hurt more, it all depends on your pain threshold I guess

Just make sure you go home and go straight to bed for a couple of days and do what the doctors say. Don't forget they've probably done hundreds of these operations

• Posted

Day 6. Left the support off for a bit today, decided that was a bad idea so I put it back on again

Some of the bruising is disappearing now and the incision is healing nicely.

Just getting the occasional itch as it heals but no pain

Right testicle still looks the same size as it was before but I shone a light through it just to check and nothing there so it must just be the swelling

Just got to wait till that goes down and hope everything is back to normal

• Posted

Day 14

All of the bruising has gone

There is some swelling round the stitches otherwise everything looks back to normal

just wondering how long it took other people's to dissolve

They said 10 days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.