Day 18 on fluoxetine, would like to hear how others are finding it.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I'm on day 18 taking 40mg of fluoxetine for ocd. I'm feeling so anxious my stomach is like a washing machine, I'm really cold, shaky and not wanting to be on my own. Is there anyone out there going through the same😒

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Jay .... I'm on day 14 of 20mg fluoxetine for anxiety ...,it is only in the past 4 days I have felt okay again ... Prior to this I was also unable to be alone ... Generally scared of the world ... Felt like I was shaking from the inside out. I'd definitely stick with it ... It seems the side effects can be awful but once you get through that stage you should feel a massive difference . Also starting on a higher dose can maybe mean the side effects will hit you harder? Hope you feel better soon ... I have found these forums have helped me through the worst
    • Posted

Hi Kelly thank you for replying to my post. That's great you are feeling okay again. I was on 20mg for awhile then the dr told me to up the dosage. I will stick with it, I have read a few forums, it does give me hope. Hope you continue to feel better than okay 😀
  • Posted

Hi Jay - I started on 40mg & I had the same side effects as you plus a few more like struggling to swallow & flu like feelings.  I didn't want to be on my own & then I started getting panicky about leaving the house & my anxiety was at its worse on waking up.  I know you are thinking is it worth it?  Yes it definitely is, it took about 8 weeks before I started feeling better & even then I had good days and crap days.  Been on flux for 9 months now & I feel fabulous.  The last symptom to go was the tiredness & lethargy but I can honestly say stick with it because when they start to work they really work.  Serotonin messes with your brain & causes all sorts of weird and unpleasant side effects so be kind to yourself and remember it will get better xxx
    • Posted

Hi VaJaJa thank you for replying to my post. That's brilliant you feel fabulous and flux has worked for you. It's very reassuring to know that you have got through all your side affects, I will stick with it and look forward to  when they really start to work xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.