Day 2 after having my PAE from Dr. Bagla

Posted , 7 users are following.

Got a good night sleep how didnt have to get up because I chose to have catheter attached with a leg bag. I knew I'd would be on plane, so it would make my trip back home a lot more comfortable and it works. The thing I love about this I've had this insertion and have worn one as long as 5 days 6 days, upon leaving the emergency rooms at different hospitals because of retention. The one thing I like about that is it allows me to drink as much water as I want and it empties itself so that was a blessing. But I must report that I'm still feeling no pain, uncomfortable a little bit in the rectum area which is near the prostate and I was told that may occur. it's not a great uncomfortability it's just something that I noticed. On day two I can already tell that I won't have any problems with erections because it just gets hard so many times I have to think of something else to make it go down LOL and that's a blessing in itself. All in all I'm thrilled that I chose to have a PAE, I'm guessing the results can work differently on different people who have different issues but for me this was the Platinum bullet that I needed. I don't know if this helps anyone from reading this but for all my brothers who are going through retention or any type of prostate issues, I wish you godspeed and I pray you peace.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Did the TSA have the catheter bag checked for explosives? On a more serious note I wore a Foley for nearly three weeks, because of poor advice from my first urologist. The problem with the Foley is if it gets blocked you will have to have an MD or RN remove the part that inserts into the uretha, and replace the unit. I recall wearing the Foley strapped to my leg while running outdoors in sub-freezing temps. It was the only time any blood showed in the urine.

At any rate on my first visit to my second urologist he was surprised I had worn the Foley for so long, and it was replaced it was replaced with self-cath, which really isn't difficult to perform and doesn't interfere with sexual activity.

I could ramble on and on about the Foley, I really despise them, but I wish you well with the PAE. All urologists are not equal in competence, fortunately I've found one I have confidence in, and wish the same for you (don't know if you being treated by a radiologist or urologist).

• Posted

David, NO urologist is qualified or trained to do PAE. That's why they won't tell you about PAE...they're worried about their income.,

PAE's are only performed by Interventional Radiologists. 

I had my PAE a year ago ...couldn't be happier. 

• Posted

Would you mind giving us some details on your condition - specifically, the size of your prostate and if you know the amount of obstruction % wise (if the uro ) advised and if the obstruction was in the upper/lower/median portion of your urethra?

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck with your recovery.

• Posted

I was a part of the Stanford Research Medical for PAE...after going throuh every test known to man, i was told that unfortunately my prostate size was too large for the research study. It was 174 and my retention was great all the way through nothing came out on a number of times on all occasions sometimes I would go five or six months without the Foley catheter, where the force came out enough for me to empty my bladder if I got up 7 or 8 times and it can be tiring and exhausting. But I would have surely end up in the emergency getting another Foley catheter inserted because of the retention, this happened for a number of years because I refused to let my urologist do a TURP on me. My research and due diligence was great so I know the consequences. It was a blessing that thru my research and due diligence I found Dr. Bagla whom I consider a friend and confidante now ... and he's resolved my issues. Hope this helps you, take care. I pray you peace.
    • Posted

P.S. Dr.Bagla has perform successful PAE's prostates with numbers as high as 600!
  • Posted

Wow, thats really great.

I was surprised that you took a plane the same day. Did Dr Bagla give you any instructions for reduced activity for awhile?

Do you have a local urol that will handle your aftercare?  Will Dr. Bagla be involved?

Congrats again.

• Posted

I stayed over night. Dr. Bagla will always be involved in my well being from that day on. Blessed enough to have made a friend. Yes i was given all the vocal instructions as well as reading material needed for recovery...common sense direction really.

I was in so much discomfort that I would have taken a plane to any place for the right radiologist to perform my procedure. Thank God I didn't have to go to Timbuktu! Take care.

• Posted

Can you share with me what Dr. Bagla told you about his visit to Argentina?

• Posted

Hi. Thank you for your posts.  I'm a former resident of Buenos Aires--a wonderful, fascinating city. I'm considering having the PAE procedure with Dr. Bagla and would love to hear how you're doing four months on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.