Day 4 of withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel,as though my brain is not functioning and because  I had  the amnesia TGA  attack I get anxious I am having another one. Is this feeling part of the the withdrawal. Because at the moment I am tempted to take half a tablet just to feel safe, but I know that if  I do, I will be going back to square one. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you have tapered off properly,do not take a "rescue dose" as you will be tempted many times and taking it now means starting over plus a dose that worked before may not work now. If you stopped abruptly( cold turkey) thats another story and in that case only would you re- instate and do a proper taper per the ashton manual.( which you can read to answer any questions you have.
  • Posted

it depends on what medication  how much and how long, allways best to taper off benzos slowly over a few weeks depending on these factors.

need more information.

• Posted

hey keep at it, what does have you cut... I am doing it too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.