Day 7

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday was awful. I feel a bit mentally stronger today. The sickness and shakes are taking thier toll. Retched twice this morning. I have just asked my fluoxetine tablet this am. If the sickness stops I know I could cope better. How long before sickness and shakes left for you x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi debbie.

I'm just approaching my 3rd week and I still get the nausea but it has toned down some what, but everyone is different.

• Posted

You have to wean yourself off VERY SLOWLY!!! Right down to weighing the power on a drug scale and then not decreasing for weeks at a time. If you were on the drug for a year, let's say, you need about that time to withdraw...SLOWLY...this is just from what I have been reading. I just started 10Mg a day and this is my second day. I had no anxiety for the first evening yesterday, in years. I can't see stopping this drug myself if it works. But if not, I will quit within a few days. I hope you feel better. Please consider getting the liquid form where you an microscopically wean down volume as opposed to pills. X0

• Posted

Quitting this drug because it is not working "after a few days" is a really silly thing to do. It literally takes weeks to work and you feel really bad before it gets any better. I am warning you now that you feel ok because you just started but you need to be prepared that in week 2 and 3 you might feel awful but push on through it and things will start to improve. It is not a miracle drug what you are feeling right now is just a placebo feeling. So many people just quit because it is not working really quickly.. it is like weight loss bit by bit it is not a quick process.

• Posted

Oh, oh, now I'm scared....I don't want to risk feeling awful at some future date...it stopped my binge eating like immediately...my anxiety that I feel at night is gone too, but I am only on 10 mg and I don't want to increae the dose. I read that that is when problems occur, when the dose is increased. Believe me, I could not stop eating so it is def not a placebo effect. And when I need an Ativan, I need it! So, can't be placebo. Only day 4 today and now I am thinking about quitting becuase I'm scared about it all of a sudden not working...you have to remember, I am emotionally messed up with anxiety and if I could reason logically, I wouldn't need meds...but then I'm scared to take the meds...see? Def issues.

• Posted

Oh, question, please...are you saying that in a bit I will start feeling horrible? I know you can't predict what will happen with me, but you sound as though you might know enough. Thank you!

• Posted

No I am not saying you will feel horrible in a bit.. I am saying that the medication takes its sweet time to get into your system and not to give up if you do feel any side effects later. Trust me.. it is worth it not to throw the towel in.. I nearly did a few times. Do not start worrying about things that have not even happened but be aware if it does that it is not you going crazy it is the stupid tablets getting properly into your system. You will be fine.. anxiety is hell but trust yourself that you are stronger than any story your brain is trying to tell you. 10mg is a good dose to start at as well. If they do increase you then always tell them to do it in 10mg doses as it will be kinder to you. Sorry for the worry but no need to freak out.
    • Posted

Someone once told me that if I have this kind of anxiety thinking abou taking this med, then I NEED to take this med! LOL!!! Okay, understood and thank you! I have lost 3 lbs since I started taking this med 4 days ago...so YAY! binge eating stopped and man, is that ever a relief not constantly thinking about pigging out!!! AND...no anxiety for 4 nights either which is HUGE!!! I am even drinking a large latte a day and having 1 red bull, so not even caffeine is affecting the anxiety level! No side effects thus far, but again, only day 5 tomorrow. I also take Methylphenidate for ADD usually 10 mg but I'm only taking 5 mg a day, until I am sure how I feel taking them both together. Gottta say I have a slight DROP in wanting to do things, but I guess that's what I needed - to feel slower, calmer. How long did you take this for, lookingonwards? Or are you still taking it? Thank you! X0

• Posted

I am on 40mg now. I changed over to this medication about 3 months ago and have slowly been increasing. My head is incredibly clear now but it took time to get there and work out what dose I needed. I have been working on weight loss at the same time and it is slowly coming off. Baby steps... it is normal though to be concerned about taking new medication... most of society gets worried about how they will react to things.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply! So you feel better now with the med than without it? I am amazed at how this med just stopped me binging in my tracks!! LOL!! I have no 'off' button when it comes to me binging and I'm so happy about that! I almost want to look at this as a diet pill. I am having some health issues right now and I was obsessed with thoughts of dying and was hoping the meds would stop that, but they haven't. Anxiety is def decreased as I usually have to take Ativan nightly. I can sort of tell that the anxiety is right under the surface, but it doesn't come out. What med were you on before this? Doc tried me on Effexor but I stopped after a week as it made me feel horrible. 

• Posted

I was on cipramil for 16 years. But I feel so much better on Prozac. My head is clearer and I do not feel dazed.

I was having obsessive thoughts of dying as well and mostly about my parents aging and them being gone one day. I still have the concerns for my parents but now they pass thru my head sometimes and I can deal with them easily and logically.

Most other obsessive thoughts either no longer appear or my head is clear enough that I realise what they are and can acknowledge them and get on with my life.

Basically I am no longer stuck in the pattern of ruminating over things which we both know is very tiring!

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. I have heart palpitations that have gotten worse as I have aged (I am 61 in June) and I always think there's something wrong with my lungs or some other body part...geesh...LOL! Negative thoughts will enter my head randomly...like, I'll be driving in my car and see a beautiful sunset and then think OMG WHAT IF A DOG RAN ONTO THE HIGHWAY NOW AND GOT HIT!! Crazy, eh? LOL! Is that 'ruminating'? Always thinking negative thoughts....I had a really tough childhood and most of my life actually and over the years developed anxiety...very anxious person and the ADD never helped. Just got diagnosed with that a few years ago. Are you supposed to feel 'normal' on these SSRI's or are you supposed to 'feel different' because I feel normal just the absence of the anxiety and stuffing my face syndrome. ;-) X0

• Posted

Hi Debbie...

I actually checked with my local drug store if I could pop an ibuprofen or something like that with this medication. I used to take just one tablet and it knocked the nausea on the head. Check with your local drug store and see if they feel it is OK for the dose you are currently taking. It also helped me with the headaches and brain heavy feeling. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.