Day 7 lofexidine detox hell

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today is my 7th day and it's been by far the hardest yet with not a wink of sleep last night and the rls chills cramps and anxiety are worse than ever when will this end

My bp is low 85/54 pulse 49 so I can't take my dose either I'm fed up and cry at absolutely everything for no reason and I DONT CRY lol

Can anyone tell me when the worst will be over I tapered from 200ml of methadone to 5ml over around 10yrs but was using a lot longer from a very young age so I've tapered very slowly I was on 5ml for 5 months and I was ill every single day by midday. So I decided enough was enough and jumped please someone give me some advice and hope

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It will get better you have done well it is doable sleep will come in time something that helps is not to lie there this is a great time of year the Sun rise bird song focus on the good around you and I no u will get there ive been there ive just started subutex so have it all to come been in and out of recovery 7 years so clad ive joined never used chat forums before

U will get better it takes time and we wont a quick way well done u are strong Liammc x

• Posted

Hi Liammc,

Well I'm 12 weeks in and still got chills and anxiety I reduced from 200ml methadone and using on top it's tough I can't lie I'm still going through hell on a daily basis and struggle to sleep

Good luck stay on the road to recovery but do it at your own pace

• Posted

I'm glad I read this as my counsellor leaned in me very heavily to do britlofex detox and I've not heard anything good about it- I hope you're ok and have got through it..?? I'm on day 1 of subutex - feeling sh*t as but didn't think it would be easy! X
    • Posted

Hi I'm 12 weeks clean and still going through hell still got bad chills and anxiety which I'm on propranolol for they are sh*t I'm also taking Lycira 125mg 4 times a day off the record if I wasn't I'd be using simple as that I wouldn't recommend lofexidine to anyone I'd sooner reduce right down and stop or clonidine all lofex did to me was drop my bp and made me have panic attacks.

If it wasn't for my two children there's simply no way I'd be clean now because the initial detox was horrendous but bare in mind I've used heavily for 23 years and reduced from 200ml meth morphine amps and snowballs with a mix of benzos so I'm I'm bound to be screwed lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.