Decrease in dose symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, last week my GP put me up to 40mg but I didn't feel good at all a week later so yesterday I went back to 30mg and I feel very anxious and on edge and emotional and worried oh and I'm dizzy too. Is it possible to just be the tablets because I've gone down 10mg? Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Well I can't say I know much about decreasing the dose but I went up to 30mg nearly two weeks ago and felt like hell, worse than before, increased anxiety etc. It's not so bad today but still lurking.  I can only guess that the 40 is still adjusting in your system and by going back down, it's still there for the time being. Hope that makes sense! Perhaps you should go back to the 40 for the time being and give it more time. As I say, I'm nearly two weeks in to the increase and it is hard going. X

• Posted

Yes it can be the tablets - increasing / decreasing cause side effects / withdrawal, and some people feel it on smaller doses than others.  Its best to stay where you are and let the meds settle - shouldn't take too long as it was only a weeks worth.  You could ask your doctor if you could increase by 5mg and cutting the tablet to ease onto a higher dose?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.