Dehydration

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 24, male, healthy weight, no other health problems apart from anxiety/stress.

I had painful cholinergic urticaria with anhidrosis about 2 years ago and eventually it went away after stopping some medication. We weren't really srue that it was the meds but since I was ok, we left it there.

Since then, it's come back a few times for short periods, albeit not as painful or obviously visible. I noticed that masturbating/having sex less frequently and drinking more water seem to improve it. 

For a few years, most of my fluid intake was strong coffee. My diet has always been otherwise ok. Over this time, I noticed that my blood pressure got to about 160+ and resting heart rate was sometimes over 110 (off medication - was even higher on meds) and I was always tired, and really really exhausted after mild sport (a bit better now but still worse than I think it should be for someone my age).

These days, I make more of an effort to drink water and less coffee but with a few days of more sex than usual and less water than usual (say 1L/day or a bit less), my skin gets very very dry - peeling a bit and noticeably tight - especially on my face, my eyes feel dry, I get very tired all of the time, stool is hard and urine is dark and cloudy, blood pressure goes from normal to about/over 160 and heart rate goes from normal to about/over 100.

I realise that this is probably dehydration. I want to know why it takes weeks of drinking 2L of water every day and stopping sex (possibly coincidence) to get back to normal. I don't understand where the water that I drink goes (!) and why I get so badly dehydrated so easily. From today I am also trying to cut salt intake.

I saw my GP a few times and they were quick to brush it off and not serious / not something that could be explored in 10 minutes. I had diabetes mentioned as a possiblt culrpit but I think it is unlikely as it is not present in my family, I am a normal weight and my diet is generally ok.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be Wether you're not eating enough and sleeping long enough.i suggest lemon slices in cold water in the morning for dehydration and keep off the dry biscuits and drink lots of water 3 litres a day.try to do exercise and naps throughout the day
  • Posted

you can also buy rehydrate from the chemist if your feeling dehydrated.
  • Posted

i just read your  post again as i answered before about buying re hydrate from the chemist.as you say you are having more sex and less water. then that answers the question. are you going hell for leather when your having sex as that would be like running on a treadmill at the gym and especially if your lasting a long time having sex. so it means your exercising while having sex and sweating at the same time. so if your not replenishing yourself with water its just like going for a work out at the gym and not drinking any water afterwords. why dont you try those special energy drinks that are specifically for use after exercise you can always water them down and make them last longer you will still be getting the benefits of the salts that are in them.i would definately cut your salt in take as well as that makes one thirsty.im not a doctor but have a friend with diabetes and its a thirst that cant be satified with water and needs insulin.anxiety and stress also cause sweating and raising the blood pressure i myself suffer from this but do not take any medication for it as mine spikes and i had the 24 hour test with the machine that constantly takes the blood pressure and it came out at around 142 over 80, so its just borderline but can spike up to 199/101 when im in pain. to cut a long story short i would keep up the water and use sports drink if your having sex often as its a form of exercise espcially in someone your age (if i think back to those days myself when i was younger)  the water that your drinking is probably going back into the muscles and tendons and skin to re hydrate it. the skin is the largest organ of the human body and things ofter go wrong there first, good luck and happy humping, 😂👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.