delay in wrighting

Posted , 5 users are following.

hiya guys well been away for a few weeks as we have now moved from my 2 bed house to a 2 bed bunglow as i couldnt manage stairs due to fibro and chronic arthritis in my limbs, my bunglow is lovely but i have still had my falls here and my pain has become so bad that they have put me on morphine, but what i would like to ask folks is they have problems with their hands as i have crow like hands i cant make a fist with either hand and when i try and close them it hurts like hell and coping with all my other pains and now this im wondering whats happening love to you all xxx

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi cherl450 I too have problems with my hands and my fingers. My hands are very painful my right thumb keeps bending over and sticking in that position I have trouble in trying to get it straight. trying to type and text my fingers are very painful. Im having problems with grasping and holding things. Im forever dropping things. Ive just brought a 2 handled cup as couldnt hold cup in just 1 hand.I can just about clench my hands but its painful to do so.I wonder if your gp could help where your hands are concerned eg refer you for physio Im wondering if that would may be help. a friend of mine suffered a stroke her 1 hand is closed to try open it they started giving her botox injections into it to see if that would help opening it. but she had to stop having that done as shes on warfrin its affecting her levels. my advice would be is see if your gp could help in some way. I  have had several falls its quite frightening when it happens. I would love to have a bungalow as Im now struggling with stairs take care
    • Posted

hiya kas

thanks hun it is very frighting when you have stairs i came down mine 3 times and hospitlized twice because of the falls, i have a appoiment in a few weeks with my remotolgist specalsit whos brill so ill mention to him about my hands which is very painful like you i keep dropping things i used to be a proffisonal photographer but cant hold a camera now and its bugging me also can i askis yours a council or owned property and what area u live as my local mp got in touch with my council and told them because of my health and good old fibro i needed a bunglow urgently and suprisingly i got one and the one i wanted so its always worth seeing about i seea remotoligist physo as well because of my legs so thanks hun ill mention it and hope your well as can be love always

cherl

• Posted

Hi cheryl we own our home, I cant afford a bungalow they are quite pricey where I live. Ive had some 1 come out give me a quote on a stair lift but got to do some saving for 1. Ive got other aids I use walking stick walking frame wheel chair. Thats a shame your unable to hold your camera, its heartbreaking when your no longer able to do the things we use to. hope all goes well when you see your rheumatologist hopefully he may be able to help with the hand problem. take care 
    • Posted

Hi Kaz,

No, you probably don't know me... because I deal with many other disorders and benefits. I read your post I thought I can probably help you out.

You state you live in your own home, and you have got a quote for a stair lift, and how expensive they are. Perhaps, this is where I can help you out.

I have no idea where you live, but if you contact your local council offices and ask for Adult Care Services, then ask for a Occuptional Therapist Review. Once they get back to you they will arrange an appointment that is convenient for you. They will come out and ask what aids you are looking for to keep you more independant, in your case you would like a stair lift. They will go through a few details with you, in most cases a Stair Lift can be purchased on a DFG (Disablement Funding Grant). Under current Government Legislation this grant can cover property alterations up to £25,000 in a year. I think Stair Lifts are roughly £4,000+ and labour charges, take in to account you would be Exempt from VAT because the Stair Lift is the sole purpose of taking you upstairs, therefore by law you can have VAT removed. But in your case this will still apply but you do not pay for the stair lift, that and any other aids will be covered by DFG.

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I tried this Les and they sent Age UK (Age Concern), no help available from them, just a nice chat and some idea of aids I could buy that would help. I don't know if this is normal or just here in Cumbria but it was disappointing.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the information les63 that is most helpful, and something I will certainly look into. many thanks kind regards Karen
  • Posted

My hands are like that, can't get anywhere near making a fist and bending my fingers is so painful i try not to do it. It feels like my fingers have elastic bands running down the back and if I force it they will snap.  I've found soaking them in good old Epsom salts helps quite a lot plus my fingers are straightening out!! They used to bend sideways, now they're almost straight, still big nobly nuckles but straight fingers! I can only put that down to the Epsom salts.

gentle hugs xxx 

• Posted

I will epsome salts a try I keep meaning to get some and keep forgettingrolleyes me my brain or should I say no brainlol Im having problems with my fingers and hands my right thumb keeps bending over and sticking like it having real problems with it at the min what fun we have with fibro? take care 
    • Posted

Hiya their i tried epson salts bit didnt help mebut sure it might do wonders for you and other people and thanks for kind advice

love always

• Posted

hiya kasyou have nothing to loose but try like that gentleman said asi had anoccptopnal thearpistcome outand it was them who said my stairs were to dangerouse and because the way the went up and turned round two diffrent corners they said it wouldnt be safe to put one in for me but i hope you get some help love always cherl ps sorry for spelling very hard to type xx
    • Posted

Hi cherl Im going to get in touch with ocupational health see what help I could get. I have fallen several times, I could really do with being on 1 level.dont worrying about the typing. Ive been having problems with typing and texing look after yourself gentle hug xxsmile
    • Posted

hiya Kaz thanks and good luck hun i hope they can help sending my love and best wishes always xxx cherl xxwink
  • Posted

Hi cherl

I have fibro and my hands swell up like balloons the pain is unbearable somedays in them i can barely pick things up. It stretches across the fronts of my hands and they become very weak. When i move my hands like in any repetitive motion they ache and kill mesad I have a lot of problems i am on this forum type in fibro with swollen hands.

• Posted

Hi Mellissa My hands are swollenup today trying to type and text is hard as fingers are very painful . my left arm is very painful I can hardly move it. like you I am struggling to pick things up. So I know how you feel and what your going through. wish I could use a magic wand and wave it over us all. take care gentle hug 
    • Posted

hiya their melissa many thanks for that my hands dont swell just cant work my fingers and keep dropping everyrthing but having loads of probs with right shoulder at moment which is being investagted by my specalist but many thanks cherl
    • Posted

its horrible i get days when im just upset all day on a bad day i feel really low and on a good day im just thankful i dont have the pain everywhere that day. I hope the professionals will find out more about fibro soon. I cant believe the amount of people that have fobro till i posted on this website it shocks me wehn i am online. I have been have having twitches in my leg and shooting pain in my left arm lately which i dont usually get making me worry a bit but im back at my gp on 17th so i will just let her know.do you get twitches or shooting pains?all best
    • Posted

Hi Melissa I do get shooting pains in my legs and twitches not all the time just on off.Im like you I can have a day where I can cry all day or a day when I feel a bit more positive thankful that the pain isnt too bad that day.its supprised me coming on here how many have fibro its certainly been an eye opener. just wish they put more research into it and find a cure for us. if not in my life time then in the next generation so they dont suffer like we are.take care gentle hugsmile
    • Posted

Hi Kaz and Melissa, I've been crying off and on for a week now, more on than off. My dad died on 1st July 2013 so that's part of it, partly because my husband is being a real s**t but also for nothing at all, I hate it, I hate crying fullstop but it's like someone's turned a tap on. I refuse to cry in front of anybody but particularly my husband. This too will pass, onwards and upwards eh Kaz!

now shooting pains...... I get them all over, through my shoulders and out my back, through arms and legs and even through my neck! To coin a phrase it's a pain!

take care everybody gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi shelagh Ive private messaged you hun. so sorry your so upset hubby should be supporting you not being a s..t. Im like you I wount break down in front of any 1 I take after my mum for that. Im getting shooting pains in my back and also muscel spasams in my back. which are extremely painful as for crying Ive done alot of that just lately I could of filled a reservoir. gentle hugs thinking of you xx
    • Posted

Loosing a loved 1 is never easy no matter how long or how short atime it was that they passed away. I lost my mum in 2008 not a day goes by that I dont think of her and wish that she was here. I have a good cry at times Im sad hurting that shes not here, but at the same time shes free from pain, we dont want our love1s suffering in any way. Im never any good on the anniversary of mums passing. me my husband normally try to go out some where on that day. I find that day very hard to deall with.I get tearful and moody leading up to the date. she is in a far better place thats the way I try to look at it. having a good cry has never hurt anybody. thinking of you  hun take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

onwards upwards xx here for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.