Dental problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since joining this forum I've found out so much

I've always put my symptoms down to my other illnesses

But after talking to a lot of HH sufferes

I now realise it's due to this illness

It's good that we can help each other ESP with symptoms that a lot of us didn't realise was due to having HH

From hair loss , weak bones , stress & fatigue ect

I'm suffering with all those also dental issues , ( soft teeth )

Also bad eye sight

I'm doing a lot of research since being diagnosed to see if all these are actually symptoms

Each patient suffers in different ways but talking helps us all

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My eyesight has deteriorated over the past 21 months.The optician says that there is a small leak from the back of my right eye.At his advice,I have been checked for diabetes and high blood pressure,so that only leaves the iron to blame.Have you had anything like this?
    • Posted

I have replied previously but I've had a notification to say its got to be monitored

I didn't realise you have to be careful when sending a link with information about the connection with your eye sight & haemochromotosis

• Posted

Sorry not YOUR eye sight ,

I meant in general

• Posted

Thanks Brummiegirl.That is very relevant.I have been referred to an ophthamologist,so I'll see how much they know about it.

• Posted

Are you referring to the little black floaters with a ray of light sometimes?
    • Posted

I had to look into an eye scan machine that had a ray of light.I don't remember too many details but they said my eyes were not in danger and the deterioration was age related and not to do with haemochromatosis.

• Posted

I have definitely suffered from floaters in my vision. Not all the time but there are times it gets pretty bad.
  • Posted

There is also the loss of libedo that has become an issue. I call it "iron balls". It seems to be getting better now that my ferritin numbers are normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.