depresed for 1 year and 10 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been having problems with my esophogus for about 2 years now. i feel alot of pain as if it's all filled up with wounds. i cannot do any exercise because the pain increases whenever i do any simple exercies.i don't eat fried foods,meat ,beans,pineappples and other fruits as these worsen the stuation.i have been taking proton inhibitors but i don't get fine.rece recently i went for endoscopy and i was diagonised with hiatal hernia and duodenitis.some tissues were taken off for further investigations and still waiting for results.The surgeoan who did the endoscopy recommended laparascopic fundoplication. i am very worried because am just 26 and  i have just got my first job since i graduated in 2013.i don't know whether the surgery is the best option and i it might be quite expensive  for me .any advice please

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi jahayauganda,

i note you have had a endoscopy and diagnosed with a hiatus hernia. it may be the case that the bottom of ypour ospophagus  is slighty inflamed with acid refluxing through your stomach valve due the hernia. the lining of your osophagus os not protected from your stomach acid . the proveedure of a laprascopic nissun fundoplication is to repair small hole in diaphragm and wrap your stomach arond your osophagus to tighten up the valve to prevent acid refluxing from your stomach and causing inflamation. a laprascopic proceedure is less traumatic.

i hope this information has helped

• Posted

Thanks alot for the information.The biopsy results did not say i have any disease causing it.doctor has prescribed Lansoprazole and anti-Acids as i save money for the operation.it's now two weeks and i feel a little relief  
  • Posted

I had the Nissen Fundoplication surgery to repair my hiatal hernia. I highly recommend it. There were certainly a lot of changes to my diet as well as HOW I eat, but all for the better. Before the surgery, the upper GI showed Barrett's Esophagus---a result of years of GERD. Barrett's is a pre-cancerous condition, so it's important that you do what you can to take care of yourself.
    • Posted

Thanks alot for the advice.i started saving for the op as a i take Lansoprazole and anti acids.  
  • Posted

Hi Yahay

I was a endoscopy nurse for 20 years The

duodenum is the beginning of the small intestine if they took biopsies there they may be looking for Celiac disease which means u can't handle gluten u mite need

to change your diet. Also chewing gum

helps with acid reflux. When the burning gets bad in the throat I take a little baking

soda and warm water and swallow it about

2 gulps. Don't do it all the time do to the sodium. Have they suggested u take a H2

Blocker with the PPI. H2 blocker is Tagamet Pepcid Zantac all over the counter. U do not have to have surgery right away if u can wait till u save some money. Some people on here are taking aloe Vera and licorice and getting relief.

I am currently going thru the same thing right now. About a week ago I started getting acid reflux intense chest and epigastric discomfort it is hard to swallow

The pain isn't fun. I am having a barium swallow next week and can't get into to get

EGD for about 5 weeks they may have to

get me in sooner but I feel your pain. I am also disabled with disc and nerve pain in my back. The PPI can make u tired give u a dry sore throat and sometimes I get sob.

I read the best exercise to do if u have acid reflux is the elliptical. Hope u feel better.

• Posted

Hi, your esophogus pain may be a reult of acid reflux. You can have a ph study to see if there is to much acid in your esophogus, and whether your pain correlates with your acid reflux.

I've have a hiaitus hernia and constant sore throat, as well as trapped gas/ liquid in throat feeling. I thought it was becuase of my hiatus hernia and wanted sugery, but the doctors I've seen are not sure. I've also been depressed because of this.

Good luck.

• Posted

What did he do about the sores in the

esophagus. Did he or she do biopsies.

What did they show? Do u have any white patches at the back of your tongue

or a white pale coating on your tongue

that would be a fungal infection. If the

PPI isn't working ask the dr for a different

• Posted

The biopsy saidi i don't have any disease.i don't have white pathches.i do have inflamations in both the esophogus and duodenum. i have started on lansoprrazole (60 mg) a day and anti acids.as i save for the operation  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.