depressed

Posted , 7 users are following.

any advices, please?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

You really need to see your doctor an talk through with him/her about how you are feeling , your thoughts then your doctor should suggest medication - that will be your choice if you want to take Antidepressants , you may prefer therapy instead like talking therapy where you go deep down how you feel then the therapist will try to help you put the negatives into positive - CBT , you could look for some mindfullness books , cds if you were not keen on going to see your doctor , you could also go on to MIND charity website ( if you live in the UK ) as they do some very informative booklets including on depression - explains differnt areas / types of depression - advice , etc . If you have a family member or a good friend then confide in them as they can also play a part in helping you through this depressive state , ask as many questions as you like on this forum as i am sure there are many members here who will be able to advise you , take care , do what i do take each day as it comes ..
    • Posted

thank you,

i do not want to go to a docotor for it,the problem it takes now so long time and affect on my life

• Posted

Depression sadly is an illness that can affect anyone , young or old , it can be a short period depression or it can be like mine - severe depression ( i was able to control it but last couple of years it has got far worse ) , you could try Mindfullness exercise ( check out the internet for that ) , try what Laura 08496 suggests an do some short walks , exercises indoor if you don't feel up to going out doors - take small steps an gradually build up to to longer time doing a walk , exercises , if you can confide in those around you - then they can also help you along your journey to recovery . Listen to music easy listening , classical - quietly at a volume you can just hear an try an lie down on your bed an imagine you are drifting along a sandy beach for example - get your mind clear as much as possible , many people don't like going to the doctors - that is understandable , so you need to look at alternative methods , i don't know if there are any herbal tablets that help depression or vitamins to help the body fight against the depressive state you are in - help a little at least . please take care , take each day at a time xx

• Posted

if you need to feel better, you could try exercise. i hate it myself. and i don't do it as often as i should. but the truth is, when i do it on a regular basis it always improves my mood. you could take a 10 minute walk now. walk around the block to clear your head. i know how hard it is to just get out there. unfortunately for me it's not fun, but once i push myself to do it i always end up feeling better. good luck if you try it

• Posted

Like Laura I do not like walking for the sake of exercise. So, I bought a puppy and she takes me a walk twice a day. 

Like you m89058 I was prejudiced again meds. In the event my meds have proved to be a life saver and a comfort. Please keep in mind that depression can be very dangerous.

With my best wishes. 

• Posted

well said Laura. Exercise releases all sorts of feel good chemicals in your body inc endorphins. Of course it improves your fitness and helps you function better, which means the environment in which your brain lives is improved, And then theres the sense of achievement too.
  • Posted

Quite a bit of good advice here, so how are things going now, have you seen any improvements in your mood?
    • Posted

hello

thank you for your sharing

i have not exercised yet unfortuantely

but i agree

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.