depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i have been really ill this week with my depression has any one used the crissis team and what do you make of them and does any one hear voices and do people fill suidal

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Alison, i hav a couple of times, used a crisis team holine numbers, an when the voices get too much, seroiusly dial 999, request an ambulance, an u will see a psychiatrist, u may have to wait maybe all night, till morning, trust me, u will be supervised whilst in the waiting area,

i also have voices urging me to commit suicide, although i have a very understanding doctor, an i also get home support, please mention this to ur GP, u r not alone,

• Posted

Hi , that is an interesting question as i used to use my local CRISIS Home Treatment ( Out of Hours Number i have to ring when my local CMHT are closed ) alot early part of this year and i found them to be good , reassuring , i had a difficult Summer which resulted in someone higher up in my local CMHT starting to be my Care Coordinator and he would come out to my home for home visits - especially when i had been feeling suicidal - take away tablets , he has been a good support so i haven't rang my local Crisis Home Treatment number for a few months however my depression has worsen alot in recent months - because of an upset i had a few weeks ago when my Care Coordinator was on leave and i had a hossible woman trying to get me to see her despite me not being able to handle strange people , etc ,( I have to have CC with me to introduce me to his colleagues as i suffer anxiety problems ) i have since been feeling suicidal and today i rang the Crisis Number and was fortunate to get a nice , kind lady chat to me , she didn't rush me , etc and we hang up with her telling me to ring back if i needed to , that she would let my CC know that i had made contact . If you can try and ring your local one - i appreciate that it can take courage as it does me as i hate speaking on the phone at the best of times , Please Try and please take care x
  • Posted

I don't have a problem with hearing 'voices' but then again my partner is a Spiritualist! If he hears any in his head that are negative - he just recites some of the Lord's Prayer and they go away.

In Church on Sunday he had a good accurate message from his late Mother - so it works for him.

• Posted

Please see a doctor urgently Alison, they will prescribe and it may help. They may give Risperidone, Olanzapine or someting similar. They may refer to Psych liason. Dont be scared, they will help you. What you describe is beyond depression. You are a wonderful person, dont give up, try not to listen. Much love x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.