Depression and anxiety has pushed me to my limits.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am a 22 year old girl, i have an amazing family, fabulous friends, great job and really have been very lucky in life. Most would think i have nothing to be depressed about, but i was diagnosed with depression 2 years ago and have been on medication. I have had ups and downs and generally coped quite well with it, however the last few months i have been feeling quite down and have not been my usual sassy feisty self. I have been a nervous wreck, paranoid and feeling helpless/worthless.

This week things hit rock bottom when my relationship broke down (due to the depression and me being a complete cow about it) and a family bereavement. I tried to commit suicie several times, overdose, jumping from a roof, drinking nail polish remover etc. 

Although i am feeling better now, with the professional help i need, i have started running and have accepted my relationship break up, i still feel rubbish and so any tips / similar experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks peeps!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Whatever has transpired you seem to have pushed through it nicely and you should be very proud of yourself. I guess it will take a lot of work and therapy to re learn self love and your relevance in the world. I am unfamiliar with depression on the whole but i do wish you all the stregnth and courage needed to get through all this.  I Think there is a depression forum on here that might hold more answers for you. 
  • Posted

I agree with Lisa about checking out the depression forum. You will get  more support, and will hear from people who have been, or are now, where you are. Depression and anxiety are different although they do have some similarities.

I just found out that for many, many years I have had low level depression. I didn't know it was there until anxiety  blasted into my life and brought it out. If I had known what was wrong, and if there were forums like this back then, everything would have been a lot different.

Please let us know how you do there. I believe you will get what you need sweet girl.

• Posted

There's a depression forum, but it's not nearly as active as the anxiety forum, but it couldn't hurt to post there as well.

I've dealt with depression for many years, and sometimes it hides for a while, but likes to pop back in unannounced. The bereavement can certainly bring it to the surface, and hang around. Currently, I'm the midst of a deep depression, it's to a degree that I've never felt before. Since you're on meds, and have help from a professional, you're headed in a good direction. Take each day as it comes, and whatever you're doing to hold on every day, keep doing that. I know the rope gets very slippery at times, so try to tighten your grip when it does.

• Posted

I agree with psyched out about both forums. i re read my reply and apologize for sounding like I was telling you to stop posting here. My bad,luv.redface

• Posted

Sometimes when people feel blessed they like to give back to keep the blessings coming, they say. Analyze your breakup. It's not all your fault. Be ready for your next "blessing" help yourself feel better. Give back to people who care about you or the community.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.