depression and loss of use of the legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I took Ramiprill seriously for 10 days I started to lose appetite and then just sit in the living room thinking about who was going to die next that I knew. also what Had I messed up on my life? I just rang the surgery and told them I was coming off it.

I cheered up immediately. I have slight blood pressure but nothing major. Ramiprill has this effect and should not be used. Go on web to see the effect. I was 64 then.

My mother has been given it for 9 years, I think no coughs or depression. Its just that she has lost the will to walk anywhere and talks about the pads on her feet being worn. I think its a chemical result and now she has lots of lower back pain and goes up stairs on all fours. Anyone one else noted this? the doctors have ruled out skeletal degeneration, and a trapped nerve. otherwise they are stumped. This tablet is being taken with doxazosin.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am on the 1.25 dose and I feel terrible.  I can hardly concentrate, my head feels as if my brain is rattling around inside it.  My ears feel as if I have to make them pop.  My appetite has diminished. I often feel anxious and could quite happily stay in bed all day.  Dr says to give them 2 weeks which is up on Friday, not sure if I can cope till then.
    • Posted

my commentary on useof legs is probably incorrect.

Feeling depressed on dosage: stop immediately

• Posted

I have been put on ramipril and I can see your comments about the drug. I am experiencing the same sort of thing. Also not sleeping now. I don't think I can tolerate the drug. Can you advice me did you stop and did you switch to another drug. If so which one. Kind regards Teresa 
    • Posted

Hi

Did you try anything else other than ramipril. My depression and anxiety is getting worse and worse taking ramipril lost my appetite can you suggest anything. Have other people suffered on it 

• Posted

I guess Ramipril is ok for some people but it can be devastating for others. I took 2.5mg for a short time and I felt my life was ebbing away, that's how bad I felt. I recommend you stop Ramipril and visit your GP as soon as possible. He/she will understand (I hope) and put you on different medication. What's the point of having low blood pressure or properly functioning kidneys if you feel you may as well be dead
  • Posted

Hi I realise you put your comment on 5 months ago. But I feel so low since I started taking ramipril I only take 2.5 mgs as take it for a kidney problem. This anxiety thing has only come on since I started to take it I don't think I can tolerate it. I was relieved to see someone else had this problem. Do you have any advice you could offer me. Also not sleeping well now thanks 
    • Posted

The GP has to have alternates in the drug book that they keep. All drugs have side effects. Suggest you look up ramiprill side effects and see if this matches your experience. Then make changes, best wishes.
    • Posted

just to mentioin i am now on candersartan and amilodipine. Whether i have them or not i am out of bed 3 to 4 times every night and get a very dry mouth but I had bowel and liver cancer in the period 2005 to 2008 and survived as you see. The chemo therapy may have altered my tolerance to certain drugs....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.