Depression HELP. Venlafaxine. OCD too.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have started Venlafaxine 2 weeks ago. 

I have OCD, obsessive thoughts + anxiety + depression.

I got depressed first, and then the rest came along a few weeks later. 

I feel lost, hopeless, and "disconnected." 

I feel like I can't feel love, and really adjitated at my family. Like I feel like I don't belong or something. 

Can depression make you feel this way?

I sometimes feel "disconnected" from reality? still having SUPER depressed days and easily annoyed at others. Just feels weird being "alive."

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes depression can do this because i suffer from OCD obsessive thoughts, anxieties and depression myself. I have tried a lot of antidepressants but i get sick over them. 

I also feel disconnected from my family at times and my mom does not help when she mentally puts me down and treats me like I should not be in the family. Then on the holidays there are times i get left out on Christmas my sister knows how this makes me feel because she does not like it that my brothers and my mom do not want me or my boyfriend around on Christmas or Thanksgiving. 

They will spend it with us before Christmas and on Christmas its just me and my boyfriend with no where to go and this hurts because family is important to me on the holidays and other days. 

Also it just hurts that my mom did not even call me on Thanksgiving and my younger brother did not do that either my older brother called me the day after. 

I just feel so disconnected from my family and my mom is part of the reason because it her who says that I am not a part of the family because of the way i acted in the past she says to me that I really hurt the family a lot in the past 

Its like thats the past can't they forgive me for what i did but it seems like they don't want to

I understand what you are going through

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that...

Did any anti depressants help OCD?

-Use google to look up other ones. 

Try the Tricyclic Antidepressant Clomipramine.. suppose to work great for ocd. 

Always here. 

• Posted

There are SSRIs like Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil these help with OCD and anxieties and depression maybe you just need a switch to one of these meds 

Have you ever tried doing DBT skills to help you with you depression, anxieties and OCD that can help too 

• Posted

I do CBT therapy. I was thinking when I see my doc today asking about an increase. Maybe I haven't hit the "therapeutic" dose yet?

Wish I could get more responses on this.

• Posted

Why don't you ask your doctor for an increase but if its not helping switch over to Ativan that helps with anxieties 
  • Posted

Hi there

I have suffered with depression and generalised anxiety disorder for over 30 years. I am very lucky that I don't have OCD although my sister does. I have tried Venlafaxine a couple of times. Each time my anxiety levels increased significantly along with other disturbing thoughts. I have tried many different antidepressants over the years and, just in my opinion, I don't think that Venlafaxine is a very good medication. 

Personally I think it might be an idea to ask your GP for a switch to a different antidepressant. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and CFS and have not actually heard of many success stories with Venlafaxine. 

I can obviously only speak from my own experience, but for me, this drug magnified my symptoms enormously. 

Feeling lost, hopeless and disconnected is very much depression related and is perfectly "normal" with people suffering from depression. 

Have you ever tried contacting MIND, the mental health organisation?  I have a Project Worker at the MIND in my town and she helps me enormously. 

Just something to think about perhaps?

I was also wondering whether you've spoken to your family about your illness? 

If there is anything at all that you'd like to ask me, please fire away. I would be more than happy to try to help. 

Depression and anxiety really sucks. It's best if you can get some support around you sooner rather than later 

All the very best. Blue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.