Depression/mn illness

Posted , 5 users are following.

I really need some help. Ive been going through depression with no help for 3 years. Ive been trying to control it but i dont know what to do. Its wore at certain times and when something goes wrong it triggers the way i feel. I feel as if im not good enough for anything. People call me names without realising the implications it may have on my state. I feel lower than the low. Ive just had a panic attack to the point my hands and fingers were numb. I tried to commit 3 years ago when i was very low and pregnant after thise 2 attempts i swore id never do it again as it wasnt meant to be. My partner doesnt understand my struggles and he doesnt try to because i just repeatedly keep hurting him with my actions. Hes left me because he cant take it anymore. He says im not changing. I feel so helpless. I love him so much and he doesnt understand what its like to be so insecure and go through what im going through. Hes been there through so much already

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I really feel you should make appointment with your doctor - if you can take your partner with you , tell your doctor how you are feeling , your partner can also say how it is affecting your relationship , then hopefully if your doctor is a good GP then he can talk to you about medication , also referring you for therapy like Cognitve Behavioural Theray - where you talk with your thoughts , feelings , etc , please understand that you are not the only person to feel like this , please take care xx
  • Posted

I feel you so much here! And I would agree with above comment you need to see your gp and tell your partner to come with you, that your looking for help and need his support. I was the same as you and I pushed and pushed my partner away (thinking it was for the best as I'm making his life sad and stressed! But finally after sometime I knew I needed help! And had to see my doctor as I have two kids and I couldn't go on like this! I took my partner with me so he could share his side with the doctor and on that date my partner finally realise that I had an illness and luckily my doctor explained to him how my life will possibly be different.. Involve him if he is willing to see and wants to help you! You are gonna have days that you feel ok but also your gonna have days where u don't want to be here but don't let this illness get you!! Be strong!!!!! Fight it even when you think you have no strength at all (say noooo I'm not letting you come into my head) you are not alone on here that I can promise you! Soooo many people on here have helped me!! It's like my own talking dairy and when I was soooo low everyone on here pulled me though and I personally wish I could thank them In person!!

I am here and I wish you well and my heart is with u!

• Posted

Though this posting didn't have anything in connection with my personal health i read with much sadness , i am really pleased that someone - yourself has been able to share their story that is so similar to dom1810 , tough world out there and we need those close to us to be able to understand and support us , sadly many out there don't have that x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.