Depression ruining my life

Posted , 7 users are following.

Quite new here and thought now is the time to get help. Days seem to get worse and worse, feel depressed all the time and it's ruining my relationship. Anyone the same?

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

We are all feeling the same to some extent friend, see your doctor and hang in there we will defeat this terrible illness
  • Posted

Hi Carly,

Have you talked to your GP about how you feel? They may be able to prescribed you a short term course of antidepressants.

It is not easy how you are feeling and I understand what you are going through. I started feeling expressed at 13 and I am prescribed medication and now I am 53.

All I can say is you are on the right road. You have noticed that you are struggling with depression and you are seeking help even if it is joining this site for now.

If your partner over you then I am sure he will understand and support you. Seek out as much information on the depression that you feel happy with doing. No need to push yourself too much if you are in a low mood.

Personally I would start with your GP and then you will be directed towards the right steps that are good for you personally. All the best Carly, I hope you find some rest bite.

• Posted

Hey, it's so hard when it starts to affect your relationships, I guess that's the time you know you have to do something about it. Unfortunately it also means that you've been strong for too long, if you know what I mean!

Anyone who suffers from depression (myself included) who doesn't let it show / inflict it on others / copes on their own is a Superstar, in my opinion! 

We also need professional help though - don't deny yourself this, ok? 

Lots of love xx

• Posted

Hi, yes, everyone here is in the same boat or was.  Need more information from you.  Did something happen that brought on the depression or it came on itself?

Have you tried to see a doctor or something else?

• Posted

Hi,

I have always felt depressed all my life, sometimes not that bad sometimes hit rock bottom. Unfortunately rock bottom always seems to be when I get into a relationship.

I get sad and sensitive over a lot! Meaning my other half has enough of it and snaps a lot when I feel this way, which then makes me more upset and we go around in circles.

• Posted

Eat a “happy” diet. Eating healthy can help with mood in general, but there are some foods that can help with serotonin, the chemical in the brain that contributes to “happy.” Steer clear of your coffee. Drink green tea. Meditate. Try acupuncture. Drink chamomile tea. See a therapist too
  • Posted

Hi Carly - sorry to read of your dilemma. We can be strong for only so long and it becomes exhausting. You don't have to live like that. Please make an appointment with your doctor and spill the beans. You may be prescribed anti-depressants. These will take time to work (3-6 weeks), and there may be some tweaking of the dosage or even the type of med to find what works best for you. You should also ask for a referral to a counsellor/psychologist who will help you delve into the depths of your life to see where the depression originates, and will help you recognise triggers and provide coping skills. It's important that you feel safe and validated in your sessions. If not, then seek another doctor/counsellor. This is the beginning of your new life. It will not be easy to begin with, but in a month or two, you will be glad you bothered. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I did visit the doctor in the end and I explained everything and all she told me was to download an app after I told her several times online information and stuff does not help.. I have to try it for two weeks and then go back apparently and then at the end said maybe you can see a counsellor here's a number.

So not really feeling positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.