Depression stress cause out of breath symptoms and tired

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have depression and anxiety and right now I'm under tons of stress... I also have health anxiety... Yesterday I went to SAMs and I had to sit down cause I felt it of breath and tired.... I couldn't stand up without feeling out of breathe... Can depression and stress cause this... I had bloodwork done and everything was normal besides elevated cholesterol... I'm a 34 yo female... I have abnormal bowels which I'll be seeing my gastro this coming month to do tests... I've had two stool tests down and north normal... I saw my gyno yesterday for ovary pain and a few other issues so she's doing an ultrasound on June 1st... Other than that I do get pain all over ... Sometimes dull... Sometimes sharp... I do know stress causes symptoms and then you start thinking bad until you get that reassurance.... BUT I'm always tired... I'm more worried about why I'm so out of breathe... Does anyone else experience this please let me know cause I hate feeling like this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, stress and anxiety can do all sorts of damage to your body.  Makes one tired, out of breath, etc.  You might ask to be tested for fibromyalgia.  It causes lots of pain all over the body and depending on the weather, stress or other triggers, it can be really intense.  Most docs these days can diagnose it as there are 18 points on your body they feel and if 15 are painful, you have it.  It can also cause lots of fatigue.  Good luck.  I hope they give you some answers just so you know what you are dealing with.
    • Posted

Well for a few years now I get pain where my liver is at.. Right upper side & also left side .. Sharp ugly pains.. I was suppose to get a colonoscopy about three years ago but was scared so I didn't.. I feel like it's all just stress and my depression.. It has taken a toll on my body and I get pain but who knows.. At the time I didn't have insurance so I'm seeing my doctors to just get reassurance. I will check into that but I saw a NP and she just did labs.. She didn't even nth to talk and seemed in a rush . I keep thinking the worse but I've been like that for three years now ever since they missed diagnosed me after I had my three year old (long story) now I get panic attacks and have health anxiety.. I hate it so much that I'm like this and nobody understands.. Anyways thank you all for being so nice & helpful
  • Posted

you need rest destressing and to not get hung up on the extras.  I hope the pain goes soon and you don't have any extra problems.
  • Posted

Sounds very much like symptoms of fibromyalgia to me, but only your doctor can verify that.  Have you told your doctor of what you explained in your post?

I feel sorry for you, it's so hard to cope with all you are experiencing.  Try to put your faith in the professionals and be totally honest with them.

I hope with all my heart that you find some and answers and get some relief.

Pat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.