Dermoid Cysts 3rd Time!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had dermoids on both ovaries removed in 2010 after one twisted. Then again I had an emergency surgery in 2016 ro remove another that had twisted - that time I lost the ovary.

Now I have discovered I have two more small cysts on the remaining ovary. They are small but complex so it expected they are dermoids again.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

I'm 35 and had my children, so both gp and sonographer feel that gynaecologist will recommend just removing the ovary. In that case.they will likely take the womb too.

I'm meeting gynaecologist on Friday. So fed up with it all!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi jen, ive just read your thread & i thought id wish you luck. This is only my first dermoid cyst (although i do have 2 small cysts on my right side also). I can understand u must be fed up with it. Stay strong, hope you get it sorted out for the final time..xx

• Posted

Thank you Cheryl. They are a nuisance aren't they! How long have you been waiting now for yours out? did they not want to schedule a surgery as soon as they were found? The non emergency route is new to me so I've never really had to this kind about it all before its just been done there and then.

• Posted

Hi Jen.

Thanks for your reply. Ive been waiting since early november. I was treated for ibs for years before i got admitted to hospital with the pain, thats when i had scans etc & they found it wasnt ibs. Im seeing my consultant at the end of march & i think after that i will be on the waiting list for the op. I think it all depends on where in the uk you live. I know one doctor told me the further south you are the quicker they seem to be. Looking at some threads on here though that doesnt look like its the case. I couldnt imagine going through this 3 times. Why is it always bad things that come in 3's. x

• Posted

Hi Jen,

I'm sorry to here this and I hope you get better soon! Standard wait time is ridiculous. I've been waiting for over a year and I was registered in the south east of England. I was told I would be placed as urgent but nothing. I've now moved to Spain for the year and I've been told here I am now loosing an ovary too.

it really just depends on how high risk they see you, I guess, or the wait st the hospital too.

Good luck,

Hannah

• Posted

Oh wow Hannah that is a long wait! I've not had to wait before as both times I've been dealt with as an emergency due to torsion - and that's the first I've known about it so this route is all new to me.

Don't be too anxious about losing an ovary - your fertility shouldn't be affected but do push for something more conservative if you feel strongly about it. I had huge cysts the first time on both ovaries and the surgeon managed to save both ovaries - of course each case is different but I feel they do try harder the younger you are.

Hope you can get sorted soon. Are you in any pain from the cyst?

• Posted

My advice would be just to keep pushing them! Make sure you call them weekly so you know where they are at and that they know you're in need of this.

That's what I'm hoping for, my only issue is that I'm not used to the health care here! So far they're a lot better than NHS especially in urgencies, so that's helpful!

Currently the pains are getting worse. I have cramping and swelling of my stomach, very bad lower back pains and also constipation. With the pains in my stomach, it's like I can pinpoint exactly where my cyst is, due to the sharp pains!

How about you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.