Developed panick attacks after cracking neck

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am hopeless and I feel I could die any moment . I don't know what to do as this is impeding my life style . It all started after cracking my neck and now I get them everyday sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry you feel this way I know it's hard I hope you have support because that the main thing .i know how you feel when you say you feel you could die I feel this way to.i can tell you life will get better just need to speak o the right people.i hope you neck is ok

• Posted

I had a cracking neck and arm. shoulders, back  and leg joints - everywhere really. I became obsessed by it and was really upset and scared. I visited a good physiotherapist, and after a couple of sessions and doing recommended exercises started to get better. Now my limbs hardly crack at all - try doing this - its really worth it.
  • Posted

I would say just keep in mind no is going to live for ever in this world.

So please do not worry and enjoy life the way you like.

• Posted

This is so weird but my anxiety got bad (back in April) I was yawning and while I was yawning I jerked my neck to the left (I did it, my neck didn't do it on it's own) and it felt like I pulled a muscle or something. That night or maybe the night after I had a bad panic attack. But I think because of this attack I thought I was having a heart attack which is why I constantly worry now. Which leads to more panic attacks
    • Posted

As I said - to 'andrealove' physiotherapy is the best cure for this sort of thing. Even what seems like a small jerk to the neck can cause a whiplash effect. Mine was horrible and lasted several months, but a had had quite a bad fall. I still have a little ache when I twist my neck, but all the other associated aches and pains and joint cracking has gne - and I REALLY thought they never would.
  • Posted

Hello Andrea,please don't crack your neck! My disabled hubby does this and has arthritis in his neck.He says he doesn't me to! But the damage it can cause is alarming! Please have reflexology!! Or a massage like aromatherapy! Regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.