diabetic Neuropathy??

Posted , 5 users are following.

i wokle up 4 months ago not being able to feel my feet, i have seen a neuropathist on both the NHS and Privatley and his response was i needed physio. i saw the physio on saturday and she said there is nothing she can do for me as she thinks the problem is more neur that diabetic related. im at my wits end someone please help?? has anyone else experianced anything like this??? i have had tests done and had protein present in my lumber fluod but no other test shows much. im experiancing dizzy spells and random lower back spasms.

Amanda

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Are you taking gababpentin? Any painkillers have you seen a podiatrist it's a must for PN with diabetes I've had it over a year now without diabetes mine is unknown had all test done you must see a neur too rule out more serious illness

• Posted

HI,

Im not taking any medication or am i in any pain. i have seen a neuro but am undergoing more tests next week. it is so strange how i have no pain and that it just happened.

• Posted

My husband and I have Diabetic Neuropathy, he has lost most

sensitivity in his feet while mine are painfully sore! He takes

gabapentin, I take Cymbalta 120 mg once a day.

I don't have thrush or lost feeling in my feet but suffer terribly from dry mouth and profuse sweating often at the mostembarrassing times, the burning feet plus some other side effects from the Cymbalta. So I'm thinking I'd like to change my medication.

I've never found an answer to the foot pain, I even put foam

under my feet to use the elliptical trainer, lasted 2 mins. I finally

gave the trainer to my son.

If someone has any answers I too would love to hear them. I

remember hearing about all the problems Diabetes can cause.

Until you have any you just can't understand what it does to

your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.