diagnosed my self with yet another illness

Posted , 4 users are following.

This time I'm convinced vwd i have a blood clot in my leg I have had an ache in my left leg on and off for few days it's worse when I'm sitting or lying down doesn't seem to hurt when walking. My right left has also ached a bit but not as much as left one. Of course I Google this and now think I have a clot which will travel some were . I'm terrified

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Omg lynsey90326p! I am currently experiencing anxiety about the exact same thing!

So over the past week (maybe less), my left leg (mainly the left thigh) is sore when I lay down in bed or on the lounge and sometimes when I sit down too. Of course I did the same thing as you and Googled 'sore left thigh' and I've been reading about possible blood clots that can travel to my lung and cause instant death!

• Posted

Exactly what I read to n I'm so scared but the pains isn't constant and goes away mostly when I move about so isn't lilely to be a clot but I'm still so scared kept nearly going to hospital last night but didn't go in the end. Why do we do this to ourselves x
    • Posted

Yes mine is the exact same, I only notice the pain when I'm not moving but as soon as I walk I don't feel it!

I don't know why we do this to ourselves, it could be something so simple like we have torn a muscle or something but of course when you have anxiety you only think of the worst scenario!

Just try to keep in the back of your mind that as long as there is no swelling, redness or warmth in your leg than it is most likely not a blood clot!

I am freaking out big time because I tested positive for a d dimer blood test about a month ago, my doctor sent me for a CT scan on my lung to make sure there was no blood clot and there wasn't but now I'm wondering in the back of my mind 'why did the blood test come back positive'?

I have really bad health anxiety, every day I literally think something really bad is going to happen to me like I'm going to have a heart attack or stroke.

• Posted

Lynsey

I know what anxiety is like and I know it is scarey

But you have to get to grips with this,if you REALLY think you are in danger go to emergency.

Anxiety thrives of fear googleing is not a good idea.

There is a switch in your brain that is broken and it is telling you your in danger when you are not.

You have to consider therapy to learn how to deal with anxiety/panic.

We have to do stuff to help ourselves with mental illness

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

When did this specific fear start? You have had it before. Do you recall the very first time this thought arrivved? What was going in in your life at that time?
  • Posted

Its no different from any other illness you imagine you've had but know that you don't. The more you Google,the worse youll make it for yourself. Are you in therapy to deal with the root anxiety? If not then your going to go round in circles
    • Posted

And P.S. don't try and follow pseudo Psychotherapy from non trained individuals, it really can do a lot of harm, so a professional, not an amateur

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.