Diagnosed with bradycardia, arrhythmia and supraventricular ectopic beats.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am new here. I recently had a 24hour ECG that revealed sinus bradycardia, arrhythmia and Supraventricular ectopic beats and ventricular ectopics.

I was then referred to a cardiologist who I am seeing in 4 weeks. But before I see him , he has ordered me to have another 24 hour ECG, exercise ECG and an echocardiogram.

Have any of you had this?

I get lots of palpitations and breathlessness and dizziness. I used to faint occassionally

Just a bit worried about what it could all mean.

Im 37 and struggling with these symptoms as even the simplest of things like putting away laundry make me feel like I am going to pass out. Any ideas or experiences shared would be appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

No expert but I think any time the heart starts beating slower in your case , it's going to have some real scary symptoms. Before I had my pacemaker implanted I passed out a couple of times. While in the er my heart actually went down to 10 by or so I'm am told . To this day I still do not know the cause of hit but I have had to he pacer since 2003 and all is going well. Sounds like you may be a candidate for one. Anyway listen and ask questions to your cardio people. Hope you get your answers and they figure out what's exactly going on.

• Posted

Hi there. Thank you very much for your reply. How are you feeling with your pacer? 10 sounds scarily low!!! Did you have to have lots of tests before they decided on the pacemaker? Hope all is good with you. Thanks again
    • Posted

What to me was strange . I was at work and was just sitting taking a break . I had no pain of any kind and just passed out. Woke up quickly and ask the guy I was sitting with wth happened. He said you just fainted and came to quickly. My employer had me go to the er and they put a monitor on me and it happened again. Woke up pretty quick and doctor told me about the 10 hpm and they needed to implant a pacemaker quickly. After they did they ran ekg and did a catheration and said no heart attack and no significant blockages. My pacemaker is set at 60bpm and I only pace at 2 percent which I s very low I hav been told. Never got a real explanation why my heart did what it did on that day in 2003. Batteries in pacemaker lasted 14 years . Hope you get your answers and Have a great new year.
    • Posted

That sounds really scary. That must be awful. I hope that you are feeling much better now. Thanks again
  • Posted

Hi I have the same symptoms , seen the cardiologist and done stress test and ectopic beats dissapear after a while of vigorous walking, but when I rest or start walking I can feel the ectopic pause and this giving me the dizziness light headed. He thinks these are benign and not much treatment is available unless I start fainting . Cannot give me beta blockers as my pulse is low already , vicious cycle with anxiety from it all . It is annoying as it interferes with normal activities just as walking from the car to shops etc . I try and keep my self distracted so I can't notice . Keep pushing thru . I asked the cardio this is how I am going to live and basically he said this is what you are now and learn to live with it.

• Posted

First of all, don't get all upset, it may not be as bad as you think, it could be

something not so serious, and be easily managed.  In my thirties I learned that

I had a congenital heart defect after undergoing the very tests you've mentioned.

I had other illnesses not related to the heart that made me quite ill, but at 63 I'm

still here.  I am no longer able to work, but I should mention that I should never

and would never have taken this job had I known I had a defect in the first place.

I left my job as a letter postal carrier 20 years ago.  As a letter carrier you don't 

just carry mail, you're required to lift parcels up to 70 lbs. Hopefully everything will work out for you, I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.